FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Survivalblog- content???

Got to vent a little bit.

I'm sure few still think "Rawles" writes this blog, he rarely ever writes anything. Yet for years people thought everything in there was coming from him.

So let me be clear on that, cause I kind of like his writing (Rawles) even though he has made some glaring mistakes before on food storage that I wrote about previously ("you can't know that oxygen absorbers are working...") Hell we all make mistakes and sometimes people talk outside of their sphere of education.

But who the hell is letting this "old Bobbert" continue to post articles on there? I realize content has gone to crap there and they must be desperate, but some of the crap this guy writes is...... trying hard to be nice here.

I usually just skim that site and their "sticky time" has to be hardly anything any more. But damn if looking at that dude's articles are like watching a train wreck, you feel bad for looking but it's hard to draw your eyes away.

He has mentioned that he is 80'ish years old. From first hand dealing with early onset dementia for several years right up to the end, I can see some patterns there. I don't say that to be spiteful I say that to bring the rationalization that there comes a time when you have to politely bump that person to the side. Why do I know my Mom and Dad's complete medical history? Because I was there, paid attention and learned early on that they weren't remembering stuff well and I damn well better pay attention. This proved useful ALL the time at literally every medical appointment I carried them to. As time went on, I had to answer these questions for them, or they would give false answers rightly believing them to be true. It's not an easy thing to do for a child to do these things for a parent they love, but if I didn't love them I wouldn't have done it. There comes a time when people start to lose it like that wherein someone has to speak for them or quietly set them down.

Old Bobbert contradicts himself quite regularly in his "articles" also. At one point he's railing about people with their hands out during bad times, then he's mentioning loving the check he gets from da gubmint. At one point he preaches fiscal responsibility, then he's mentioning a REVERSE MORTGAGE (probably the worst thing most seniors can do and typically a scam).

One point he tells people to be prepared ahead of time, then he goes over this crazy idea DURING A PANDEMIC to head out to Walmart with your whole clan to do last minute shopping!

Content is everything for a website doing this sort of thing. One big reason we have shut down any crazy ideas over the years, or hucksters that have come in with 2.5 days of experience talking about things they don't know. A site is known for it's INFORMATION.

I could give a damn if we had 10,000 members, heck I was the one that "pruned" zero post count users a year or more back. But we have become KNOWN for REAL WORLD information here and that's more important than numbers.
    Last edited by Lowdown3; 12-12-2017 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling and typing too quick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Jim's site

Fully agree with you.

Was there intensely when he started the site and it was good for a long time but now its a pale vestige of what it used to be.
    I wrote a fair bit back when.

But when he handed over to newbies (the two or three guys that he went thru) and finally settled on one it was over for me.
    It got real thin real quick.

Thanks for the update, it's appreciated.

I'll look at it every 3 or 4 months or so and think "Nothing of value".

I remember when the "new guy" was going on and on about his freeze dryer and that's when I tuned out.

Sadly, it seems all good things eventually go away.

Good to see you're "holding the line" here.

John

Blog Entries
    The main issue.
    And we've seen it. Is the recent aka 2008+ max influx of expert rookies. That have got there via social media.
    Remember 1st season of doomsday dumbos ?
    Those people with 4-8 years under their belt are now in charge lol.

It's akin to the work force..you have guys with 20 years that are fully capable to perform...and you got Jimmy the New guy who's been promoted twice in three years, but can't explain the process.
    But damn if he can't pop out a report to show the numbers ..lol.
    But never ask him to do what the 20 year guy does.
    Buildings Will burn,profits drop and six New HR people Will be hired to find the root cause to the companies drop in performance....
    While Jimmy enjoys his New promotion to CEO
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking that I was the only one who thought "Old Bobbert" was kinda goofy.

He is very prolific as it seems like he posts every other week and after reading a couple of his posts I always thought "what the heck did I just read and what was he talking about".

I've followed JWR's blog from the beginning and I like his books but as of late I find myself going there less and less. As mentioned above the weekly updates about the FNG's freeze dryer turned me off too. I also find Pat Cascio's reviews boring, he just loves every single thing he reviews and either buys every one or it's given to him. It must be nice.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE] reviews boring, he just loves every single thing he reviews and either buys every one or it's given to him. It must be nice./QUOTE]

That's online reviews these days.
    Ever see a contest on YouTube.
    Hey guys do a vid reply to my film,,sub me..use key word "win" in your description...you win a brand new xyz.

I could do on. But it's stupid.
    Show me a pack or rig you've abused...then say it sucks...I'd watch 100 of those before watching reviews of tags still on or un boxing reviews. Ugh.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Seasoned
    Protus dont get me going on those u-tube unboxings (a thread in itself) they open the box look at item and give it their stamp of approval on the looks. "Look, double and box stitching. This is a great product" as they just pulled it out of the plastic. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they put it on without adjusting anything or putting anything in it... Then say fits and functions great. and millions of followers fawn all over the latest greatest given to u tubbber to hawk out.

As for the subject matter, I stopped following Rawls channel several years back. for similar.

Going over notes from previous years we have come to the conclusion that we are going to drop our advertising on Survival Blog here soon.

It hasn't been financially viable there in quite some time. I.e, a loss of money to advertise there.

I have supported Rawles efforts as far back as having him on my radio show in the late 90's so he could promote his new (at the time) book. We were one of the first to advertise on Survivalblog. We stayed with it through TONS and I mean TONS of snafu's done on their part, real SNAFU's that cost us money, etc. It's been downright aggravating at times. Some copycat marketer that advertise there have "piggybacked" off of us for years now. And I have dealt with NO LESS than three dozen people calling us up complaining about products bought from the other party or looking for orders that weren't received for 4 weeks or more from the other party. People just don't pay enough attention and THINK they bought from us when they mistakenly bought from the copycat marketer. So WE have to deal with a few pissed off people that aren't even our customers.

I've covered this with Survivalblog numerous times, including forwarding emails from people proving my case that this is real. I've covered the problem with them running sales or mentions of us back to back or together (something that is just completely unethical to do from a place selling advertising) and how that confuses people, and yet still after numerous emails and phone calls this problem persists.

A lot of folks don't know this, but we own a local to our state advertising business also. One thing I have never ever allowed is for multiple advertisers of the same product/ type of store to occupy the same advertising location. That's just unethical in my book. Let alone two very similar products from two separate entities to be allowed side by side. All that does is create confusion in the mind of the consumer. I (wrongfully) assumed that when I pointed out this problem to staff there that the ethics involved in this would be clear to them.

So, given the fact that content there has been dismal for a long while (confirmed by all of you and numerous others), that sales originating from there have not even matched advertising dollar outlay and the continuing confusion with a copycat marketer I have to deal with there going completely unaddressed (correction, furthered by the staff), I see no point in continuing to "throw good dollars after bad" as the saying goes.
    Robert Henry
    JRH Enterprises

Fully agree.
    Jim/James published quite a bit of what I wrote in the beginning.
    When he backed off and let others run with the site after he got remarried, it went downhill and soon didn't to seem to have much of substance.
    I quit reading his site a number if years ago.
    Too bad too. It initially was a valuable asset but no longer

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know, I have seen the same thing and now I only look at the site about 2x a year, really just to see if it is still up and running. Like prc-104 says, it was a valuable site for helpful info a few years ago.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    You know, I have seen the same thing and now I only look at the site about 2x a year, really just to see if it is still up and running. Like prc-104 says, it was a valuable site for helpful info a few years ago.
    Been noticing that also and of course the response from there has been dismal for quite some time. I'm just that old skewl idiot that stays loyal to people a lot longer than I should, even after they have screwed the pooch numerous times and it's affected me $$$ directly.

Content has gone to crap there, click rates are laughable, my paying ad is buried under numerous free ads but the constant confusion I've had to deal with wherein they have unethically run similar products/similar sales from two different companies side by side too often to mention (even after I addressed that including emails from customers that were confused, proving my case) was the straw that broke the camels back.

I kept with it as long as I could, losing money on the ad(s) for about 80% of the time we have been on there. He stated to me once via email that "you are the only one that pays on time" and he wasn't even emailing or mailing invoices- something I told him would definitely help and told him to stay on the late payers. This was back before Hugh came on and set everything up via paypal- back when they had 40 or so advertisers (2011'ish) but evidently just a few suckers like me actually paying. Hey, we dealt with the same thing here on S and P and I was stiffed several times for ad money from people we later took down.

So I will continue to wish them luck on that site, but we will no longer be advertising there as of the close of this cycle.
    Last edited by Lowdown3; 12-08-2018 at 11:00 AM.