DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit

Cold weather gear

Thirty two degree high here today, with a "real feel" around the 20s and 9 tonight. Good times....

Had to go over to the range today to check on some stuff and drain water from a friend's place who is out of town. Figured I would get a little range time in and traipse around a bit in the woods.

Didn't carry much gear, rifle and some extra mags, so didn't get the full exertion effect but walked around for about an hour in the woods after zeroing a rifle.

I got a Snugpak SJ9 Extreme cold weather jacket recently similar to this-

http://www.jrhenterprises.com/Snugpa...91311-ATAC.htm

We do have the SJ9's also, just email for a price.

That with some Snugpak Salopettes that I got on closeout also. Wore this over just some thin military thermal underwear. Condor beanie hat, Thorlo socks and Merrills.

Was literally warmer out there than I was back at the house, both laying down for an extended period of time zeroing the rifle and also moving through the woods.

We don't get really cold weather here often but it's nice to try your cold weather gear out more when we do. Usually it's just skiing that gives me an opportunity to try the real cold weather gear.

The whole East coast is getting blasted with cold all this week, good time to try your cold weather gear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    I've gone the route of light base layers,good mid weight socks, down or synthetic puffer /packable jackets ,vest. Windproof shell. Good watch cap and a neck gaiter.
    The last piece of gear I used to balk at. But even a light weight one keeps the chill/wind,rain off your neck.
    Its 28 here now.....
    Last two days I've got stuck in nasty weather at work all day...
    Sucks because we have to stay in uniform and my "woods" clothes are way way warmer.
    But today ill he rocking
    Cargo pants
    Smartwool socks
    Keens instead of my merrels.
    Base layer shirt
    Uniform shirt
    Puffer hoodie jacket( think light weight down jacket)
    Scarf or my trusty Connor neck gaiter.
    Insulated uniform jacket
    Uniform watch cap (they actually gave us decent ones).
    Intermediate fliers gloves for when I'm cruising the hood in my trusty golf cart lol .
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!