FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Snowmeggedon 2018!!

LOL. About an inch or so on the ground here so far. Only maybe third or fourth time we have had snow here in 20 years. This is sticking and coming down pretty good for early in the day.

Off to freak out and run to the store for milk and bread!!! LMAO

Does make you think- glad I have more firewood on the porch but should have brought in double yesterday.

Any SE types getting this also? Stay off the roads if you can, everyone not accustomed to driving will be attempting it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Gold Site supporter 2014- thank you!
    We only got icicles hanging on the deck.

no precipitation.
    cold .. no wind today! yahoo.
    fire in the fireplace...
    realized that this thing eats more than i remembered..

i'm watching temps in outside buildings.
    metal with insulation is 10 degrees warmer than outside!

snow1318.jpgsnowfire.jpgsnowfight1.jpgsnowfight2.jpg

Took a snow day and went and trained this morning.

Hard to say exactly how much we had, maybe only 2-4″. We drove over to the range to check on some folks over that way and decided to take a snow day and get some training in.

The Snugpak salopettes and SJ9 jackets worked great, lots of time on the ground in them. Rifles ran fine (they are AKs after all) and the ACOGs worked fine. Spent about 800 rounds between two of us working some drills, then rolled around on the ground for a while before leaving the range, what can I say, kids will be kids

Rare to get snow here, so we damn sure were going to make good use of it!

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just installed a transfer switch for my new generator. Ran it for a couple of hours yesterday to run it out of gas. I thought it'd be a good test today to put a gallon of gas in it and see how long it lasted running what I'd connect during an outage. Furnace, kitchen outlets (freezer), fridge, living room outlets (led lights). Being in the low 20's with a light breeze, I thought it'd be a good almost worst case scenario for a functional/run time test.

It started on the third pull after being run dry/refilled at ~23 degrees. Been running for 2 hours so far. I'll reply with the findings. Its a 5k Briggs and Stratton with idle control so we'll see how long it lasts. So far, it's running at about 25% most of the time (the furnace only takes about 500w when running, 1kw on startup...my xfer switch has two wattage meters, one for each 3 circuits).

Ran for 3 1/2 hours. There may have been a little more than a gallon in the can, so I'm calling it 3 hours. With a 5 gallon tank, gives me about a 15 hour run time at temps between 23 and 25 degrees in Georgia...pretty much worst case (unless the wind really kicks up).
    Last edited by jimmycthemd; 01-04-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain