FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Map and compass

Map and compass

Maybe it’s time to dust off the map and compass. The USAF as well as its “allies” will be having exercises in the Southwest US while using GPS jamming equipment. Perhaps the reason why our ships are getting into disputed waters and running into other ships is because our enemies are using this technology. This exercise will distort GPS from Las Vegas to LA which will affect commercial and private aviation as well as phones, etc. https://sofrep.com/98769/us-air-forc...bat-exercises/

My son just started teach map/compass At the post this spring as the troops could not use them, keep it simple. I taught all my kids when they were young. They made him the post training NCO. All those years in the car with nothing to read but soldiers manuals, poor kid.

Blog Entries
    There is a map reading video that I bought, I had forgotten much of what I had learned from basic training, because I wanted to teach my kids how to read maps and use a compass. There was also a power point class on how to read maps that was free that you could download.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lots of good YT vids on "using a map and compass". There may be some orienteering groups in your area that do monthly get togethers and have courses set up. Fun to practice and learn/relearn skills....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    This is the video I had purchased. https://thesurvivalsummit.com/film/s...and-navigation

I also got the comms and "own the night" videos from the same producers.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar