FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

"Battle belt" setup

Who runs one? Do you like it? What do you use on it?

Have run plate carrier and chest rig for a decade or so now. Rarely carry a pistol with it.

Working on a battle belt type setup utilizing a HSG Slim grip padded belt setup.

Torn between just keeping it fricking simple and going- holster, 2 mag pouches, knife.

Or the above plus a Taco rifle mag pouch and a blow out kit.

This seems to fit with my current setup, but I have not yet run it in the field. I don't usually see a lot of utility of carrying a pistol in the field if already carrying a rifle, but my rifle is pretty reliable also. If I had to carry something different I would definitely carry a pistol in addition.

Not looking at doing suspenders, just the slim grip padded belt setup.

Thoughts? What do you run like this, how has it worked out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Good thread. This is something that I have struggled with for a couple of years. I purchased an AK dedicated vest. It came with a high chest mounted, Velcro mounted pistol holster which I removed in leu of a 4th mag pouch. Poor man’s body armor. I purchased a drop-leg rig. It makes a great dirt/mulch scoop when crawling around on the ground, plus, as it is a generic medium auto holster, I did not trust that it would stay put. Money wasted. Back to square one. I have seen a side belt holster that takes up little belt space and spaces the pistol away from the vest/plate carrier. I could not find it easily, but if I see the video again, I’ll post it here.

Battle belts.

I picked up a half dozen from the now defunct Uncle Sams retail outlet for $1.50 ea.
    Talked around about them and most folks go "Huh?".

Anyway, they are more comfortable than the old Pistol belt but work pretty much the same way.

With the old pistol belt, at times it was good but there were times that the H harness made them better.

On the battle belt, mine have 3 small d rings, one on each end and one in the middle (rear).

BUT if you wear it with those on the top of the belt, the handy pockets (belt adjustment pockets) are on the bottom which means you can't use them.

With no suspenders, you can wear them with the D rings on the bottom and you have two handy stash pockets on the top, near each end of the belt.

Like the pistol belts, the battle belts are usable w/o suspenders, but with suspenders they are better at what they do.

The suspenders really are needed in combat and field usage and once you get used to them, they're second nature and really nice.

Any advice folks have got will be really appreciated.
    Thx

Blog Entries
    I run on.
    Mostly because since I got hurt years back it helps distribute Weight.
    I need to upgrade the belt it self. But it works....and I'm cheap lol.
    Mine is a modified cpf90 hip pad.
    From left to right.

Two pistol mag pouches (2+g17 mags).
    1x hsgi ump. Rifle mag pouch.(2+ 47 mags)
    Saw pouch- this pouch holds odds ends. Gloves,EE kit..etc.
    Tear away ifak
    Double m4 pouch- holds a Izxy and CAT.
    glock field knife
    Eagle mk1 drop leg/g17.

Think that's all of it.

I've debated dropping the saw pouch in favor for a small dump pouch like a rolly Polly or the likes. Or water bottle/canteen pouch.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I run one as well. Infidel Padded war belt by US Grunt Gear.
    Agree with Protus about distributing weight.
    Starting at buckle and moving to the left side:
    Two pistol mags
    Double rifle mag pouch
    ESEE 4
    Detachable IFAK (not BOK)
    Canteen holder
    additional canteen holder for spare canteen or currently holding additional gear (NODs/Thermal) or can hold food/additional first aid gear
    Pistol
    front, away from pistol, is a TQ with additional TQs on Chest rig and others in IFAK
    Front near buckle is clip for gloves
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    See I put my gloves in the saw pouch.
    I don't like them dangling around. Getting wet,muddy or snagging on stuff.
    Sounds odd. But wet gloves in the cold sucks...lol.
    But that's like your extra canteen carrier. Its just a multi use pouch.

Irrc
    Mine has:
    Gloves
    Extra compass
    Face netting
    Camo face paint
    Trip wire
    Trail alarm
    Survival straw in two one gallon zip locks.
    Cliff bar.
    Carbiner with 550 rolled on it then tied to the belt itself.
    Aka drag line.
    Most of this could go in a pants/jacket pocket but rides in there for now.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Protus,
    Agree wet gloves suck. I figure if I have the belt on, I will likely have the gloves on. If I don't then I'll put them away in a dry place if its raining.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

I opted for a drop leg and I spent the money to get a good one after reading review after review of crappy holsters. Went with a bladetech dropleg. It is outstanding. Once adjusted...IT STAYS put. I have two now. One for my XDm .45 and one for my Sig 226 tac ops. Retention is ridiculous. I unsnapped and did jumping jacks and handstand pushups and burpees and neither pistol even thought of coming out. Price tag was $120 but it was like when I bought an ACOG...you get what you pay for. Quality is there on bladetech. I run a plate carrier with kangaroo pouches on it for AR or AK mags and pistol mag pouches.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003A0SX06...ing=UTF8&psc=1

The plate carrier is a shellback. and it distributes the weight great. I uses a Source tactical hydration kit worn on my back. I tried a battle belt config. I got the viking model and it just didnt feel right. Seemed heavy and pulled in different locations. Added h harness to help with weight, but still didnt like it so I went back to plate carrier.