FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: All too true!

All too true!

excuses.JPG

A couple of friends that are admins and teachers in the publix edumacation system sent me this.

It's applicable also to our crowd- "I can't afford to prep for my family, can barely make ends meet" starter pack.

Don't know what lotto tickets cost, assuming $1- 5. dollars each from time wasted waiting behind people in C stores while they make their choices. Carton of cigarettes? Is that $50. now a days? 12 pack of bud light another what $15. dollars?

I had to smile yesterday when I got the text with this meme in it and I thought about the costs of that stuff. When my son was 3-4 years old we started a 529 college savings plan for him. Early on, we put as little as $25 to $40. a month in that saving plans- and early on, that amount HURT many months. We were also paying for our home school program each year also, which was $1K each year. Later as debts were paid off and we became free, we put more in the 529 plan each month. As we are about to start drawing out of the 529 plan, I started running some calculations. At the school he is already enrolled, their is money in the 529 plan for four years and probably a little left over. Now this isn't an Ivy league school or anything like that, but we did this ourselves, completely without any student debt.

Small things, done consistently over time show great results. In essence THAT is the basis of preparing.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    I've said the same go guys about 401k at out jobs.
    Its an automatic enrolment, that caps at 6%,until you change it. Company matches to that amount as well. Your contribution goes up 1% each year.
    Yet, guys will boohhooo it, saying that 15-25$ will poor house them. Or they get about 2k in it and borrow on it or close it.
    Meanwhile say 5 years into it your sitting on 15k+++ depending on your involvement and choices. Just from that 1%.

Oh well....
    Keystone lite is cheap and 305 cigs are cheap...guess they better get used to it lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see it daily. I give Rx to mom for her child. Later we get a phone call that she cannot afford the $50 copay for the Rx, which I will add will likely last 3-4 months. I ask my nurse, "isn't that the woman with her nails all done up and the fancy highlighting in her hair that was talking on her iPhone X (probably looking a Fakebook) during the visit?' and get a resounding yep!

We have all said before, most folks think the gov is here to pay for everything...school, school lunches, college, health insurance, cell phones, food, Rx's, etc.

Sad state of affairs.....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    I see it daily. I give Rx to mom for her child. Later we get a phone call that she cannot afford the $50 copay for the Rx, which I will add will likely last 3-4 months. I ask my nurse, "isn't that the woman with her nails all done up and the fancy highlighting in her hair that was talking on her iPhone X (probably looking a Fakebook) during the visit?' and get a resounding yep!

We have all said before, most folks think the gov is here to pay for everything...school, school lunches, college, health insurance, cell phones, food, Rx's, etc.

Sad state of affairs.....
    Yep, PRIORITIES!! LOL

Coming from the guy that could barely breathe worth a crap for a couple years and suffered through while saving up $15K to pay cash for a surgery, I have no sympathy for those a-holes. But I also have no sympathy for the a-hole admins at hospitals that make it EXTREMELY HARD for cash paying customers. You would think it would be easy to give a business $15K. Nope. 3 hospitals in 2 states gave us the run around giving quotes then re-negging on them. With one finally making it happen for a little more than the price they put in written quote. This wasn't vague either, CPT codes from surgeon, exactly what he was doing/did.

Meanwhile each hospital wanted to set us up on a "payment plan" and told us about "indigent care" or "HOPE" plans or some crap. Was very clear, not interested, want a good CASH PRICE and we will cut a check before procedure.

For ANY business, the best chance to collect payment is right at the start. When someone is standing there, checkbook in hand and ready to cut a check, you have no better time than then to collect your money. Hospitals can cry baby all they want about all these deadbeats not paying, or the person that pays $5. a month type deals, but they damn sure don't facilitate it when someone wants to give them big bucks upfront. And yeah I get it, people like me that pay are getting hosed for the scumbags that don't. But that's not good business either.

It's a vicious cycle we are in right now in Amerika, and it can't end well.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agree, it cannot end well. Just when will the "end" be....that is the question. I never thought it would get this bad...but somehow, and trillions of $$$ in debt, Amerika is hanging on.....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Amerika hangs on because the backbone of the country is a bunch of Gutsy folk who have drive and generally have a limit on the amount of BS we'll put up with.
    Other than Russians, I think we'll the only bunch like that left on the globe.

The Boers in South Africa even seem to be ****ies.

Vote with your wallet: Buy More Ammo!

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    shucks. You can get a 12 pack of Bud Light around here for less than $10.