FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

"Emerging Market Crisis" article

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/04/emer...t-crisis-.html

Several different articles like this in the works today.

May signal a market drop (didn't say crash) coming up, which may be an opportunity to put some of that cash into some stocks and funds that are "on sale" here really soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

If there are enough articles put out predicting a market drop, it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    If there are enough articles put out predicting a market drop, it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just sayin.

Something to watch, without a doubt.

Was in a hotel this weekend and Bloomberg TV had "more than a few" news features about the potential for a major market pullback.

I am about 35% in cash, will look to increase to about 40% cash in the short run. Problem is cash makes nothing and I can think of doomsayers who for DECADES said this was it. I think about how much I sat on the sidelines then while half arse wanna be preparedness experts made REGULAR calls of market crashes. Some were complete with charts and tantalizing data (like JohnGaltFL guy from Frugals, Mr. "Rice only stores for six months" guy). I think of where my retirement funds would be now had I not listened to all that REGULAR scare talk and I had even just be in some funds paying 6-10% dividends.

IF there is a major market drop, I will set some crazy low price buys on stocks I've been buying over the years and if they get picked up they do, if they don't they don't.

Been a little while since the market correction last month. Did you buy anything? One of the REITs that dropped in price pretty good I picked up to add more. It's already up $2. per share on a stock that has returned 10% dividend for years.

So of the oil MLPs are coming back handily also.