FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Stuck

Stuck

STUCK.jpg

Besides the obvious, how would you get this out?

Look closely there is clues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Sometimes equipment gets stuck where it's not convenient or possible to get another piece of equipment in to tow/pull it out.

In this case I didn't have heavy cables handy and a thick chain snapped like a twig when I tried to give the smallest pull with the excavator in the pic.

If you look close near the front of the track, there is a bag of concrete.

One time I got this same dozer stuck where I couldn't get anything else in to pull it out- and I didn't have any other equipment at the time that could have anyway.
    So I tried the normal stuff, use the bucket to lift, pull the machine forward, etc.

Trees stuck under tracked equipment like this only gives marginal traction. However if you have time sticking bags of concrete under the tracks and letting them sit for a day or two, usually produces good results.

Don't break the bags if possible. Use the bucket to lift the machine as high as possible and/or dig under the bottom of the tracks and place the bags under. Go away for a few days. Come back to hardened concrete surface under track and drive it out.

Worked a few times before, and worked this time again.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    Surplus recovery vehicle Nan. A tank with out a gun lol.
    When they'd get the old big tractor stuck north of here, we'd Take lots and strap then go the big read tired to lift the tractor out of it's ruts. These tires we're 5ft high or so. Not a small best.
    1st time I seen it it was like now that won't work.
    It did.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Seasoned
    Just bury in place with track hoe, after salvaging diesel and fluids and any tools?

on a more serious note, if access to a log skidder use the track hoe to un-suction the mud arounf it hook up skidders winches and tug from rear. Oh and be sure loader is out of gear when doing this,dont ask me how I know. If no skidder use track hoe as tug vehicle after clearing muck (suction) from around loader. safety first using cables have a weighted device on center of cable in case of failure.
    Last edited by RobertJ; 09-30-2018 at 09:00 AM. Reason: cant spells

it's hard to keep up with the jones...
    oops...
    the name lowdown! not a "jones"

can you see the jealousy/envy in the above picture?
    oops..
    no picture .. just a short sentence!

seriously,
    congratulations! i'm impressed!