FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

Yogging and zero drop shoes

My wife got intrigued with this book about bare foot running and we decided to try it, only with zero drop shoes.

zerodrop.jpg

These are a good bit different than normal "running" shoes. A big part of the barefoot running idea is that you run/yog a little different.

For the last year or more I had cut down on my running quite a bit. Back then we rarely did more than a mile but my knees would remind me of it for the next few days. About once a week at the most was all I could tolerate, along with 3-4 times a week doing combatives.

Running in these zero drop shoes, going slightly slower with less distance of stride (impact on knee) but moving the legs a little quicker to stay relatively close in speed, I've been running 2 and 3 times farther and have had no problems with inflammation afterwards. I can truly enjoy "yogging" again.

My wife and son recently did a 5K (I was at a seminar) and my wife placed first in her division (age group).

Now we are doing 3-6 miles on the road and they end up doing another 3-6 miles on the treadmill during the week also.

It's a lot like the shorter strides you do running with a pack.

If your having knee inflammation issues, suggest you try this style of running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    I tried it for a bit.
    But my strides were already short lol.
    Hiking in "barefoot" shoes was different as well. You could feel everything underfoot. So you walked slower.
    Lots of folks swear by the barefoot style of shoes out there.
    My feet just couldn't Take the beating .
    I've been tempted to grab another pair as they aren't as pricey as they we're several years ago.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

These were about $80.00 at an REI. Normally I would avoid hippy dippy places like that -"sign up for our co-op" "are you a member of our co-op" "co-op co-op co-op" serious stop that crap.... Pestering customers, not a good way to win them.

Anywhoo, the wife was going there to get hers, couldn't find them anywhere else in the area we were passing through. The guys ones were on sale, her's weren't. She paid full price, I saved a few bucks LOL.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."