FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

What are you LEARNING right now?

You always see this "what did you do to prep this week?" type threads on survival forums.

Here's a "what are you LEARNING right now?" thread.

I'll start off-

*Been doing a fair amount of maintenance on large equipment. Most fairly basic stuff- oil and filter changes, fuel system work, hydraulic fluid and filter changes, flushing radiators, etc. Some track related stuff as well.

*Just got back from 4 days of being part of an OPFOR force at Max Velocity Tactical. That was interesting, fighting other students, outnumbered 3 to 1 on every engagement. I can tell you without doubt that when an ambush isn't sprung all at once that 4 people can get away clean, even with 13 guys ambushing them in the open downhill. That was interesting.

*Been working with cattle a lot more, learning their individual personalities, preparing for winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    Not really anything prep related.
    But trying to learn some boat motor repairs..
    And for my mental health trying to get out of a slump I'm in learning guitar. Started last November. But I'm on a plateau of sorts I gotta bust through.
    I'm slacking lol.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Tried guitar a couple times, was never very good. Good way to develop fine motor skills though. Definitely good to have a way to release some tension/stress, especially in a good way.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

tractor skills...
    never driven a hst before...

getting better with a chain saw...
    i had forgotten some safety procedures..
    sobering when you realize... wow, i nearly got cut because of the way i was standing.

patrolling for thieves at night... we've got us a new outbreak.
    realizing that busting into thick woods at 10p.m. aint exactly bright thing to do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Tried guitar a couple times, was never very good. Good way to develop fine motor skills though. Definitely good to have a way to release some tension/stress, especially in a good way.

Yeah, stress relief was key.
    My buddy gave me a guitar 3 years ago. I came up with every reason why i couldn't learn. Short fingers,sore fingers..you name it.
    Finally i said screw it, and dove into it.
    Used it as my after work chill time or in the AM.
    Ill be the next jimi Hendrix now lmao. Haha.

Rock...better get some wizard eyes to go chasing thieves at o-dark 30.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Learning gun repair between house repair projects.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Building a tiny home so I am learning/re-learning plumbing, some electrical, sewer, carpentry skills, etc. I was just at my cabin in TN and did some hiking, and fire starting and minor repairs there. Built out some AR polymer 80's a few weeks ago. Still have a G-19 polymer 80 to do.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!