FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: An Army of none

An Army of none

You should get this book! I wish I had more time to sit down and read right now, or I would have finished it already.

It's about autonomous weapon systems and the overall move to them.

Yes we really will be facing Terminator type robots and probably sooner than we realize.

South Korea already has fully autonomous robots on the DMZ. No human in the loop for kill orders. Samsung makes them as well as your TV lol.

The overall move is to fully autonomous weapon systems- in other words no humans in the loops.

You can see the incrementalism in this just as we see it in politics, social issues, etc.

Fighting Skynet one day? Totally possible, though it may be called Google Net.

Get the book!!!

Makes me think we really have to start thinking through our approaches to this sort of thing. We don't wanting to be fighting "the last war" with these things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sounds....uh...interesting....

here is a link on Amazon for those wanting it. I think that may be my next purchase. Thanks LD3......

https://www.amazon.com/Army-None-Aut...+Future+of+War
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    That robot in Texas already has a confirmed kill.
    What found for T800s?
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ield-decisions

Interesting. Author of that book detailed some testing on this as well.

So we had better start some real brainstorming on how we are going to fight these things in 20, 10 or maybe even 5 years from now. And while it would be nice to have a "Phase Plasma rifle in a 40 watt range", we are going to be limited to "Uzi 9mm..... 12 gauge autoloader..... .45 long slide with laser sight..." So we best be getting to figuring these things out for reals....

We are always fighting THE LAST WAR- there may not be a lot of time for our learning curve to catch up if we ever end up fighting AI like we have had fighting other humans.

50 cals and APIT rounds? About the best we got right now?

Reading the book, I thought about how even personal body armor has gotten better lately- lighter, more protection, etc. Even just plating for robots made of similar materials you and I can buy right now could be used, there really doesn't have to be any special "Corten" exoskeleton. If a plate that stops up to Level 4 threats that is 10x12 weighs only 5 lbs., you could conceivably use a similar material right now to fully up armor an autonomous weapon (bi pedal or otherwise) and the weight would be handle able for a decent exo skeleton. Hell they have exo skeleton frames that the military has been testing and some manufacturing places use already to help support and add to human weight carrying restrictions.

I guess what I'm saying is, none of this crap is decades away. I think we a few tech nerds and some cash, you and I could build a reasonable machine, up armor it and set it up to be semi autonomous.

This isn't that far out folks, all the various inputs are there now or coming together rapidly.

In typical incrementalism moves, we are getting used to crap like "Alexia, tell me how to wipe my arse", cars that are self driving and many new cars having features that slowly get you used to self driving (lane correct crap, etc.). So will we commonly see "robots" in our lifetime? I'm 45 and I fully expect to. Terminator types? Well you know the gubmint always has our good in mind, and never has screwed the population before so....... Where's those APIT rounds again?

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been following "robots" or AI for a few years now as I find the DaVinci very intriguing being that I am in medicine. One thing that I have noticed on the autonomous robots is that all have some sort of "vision" for it to identify obstacles/threats. That is still the weakness that I can see. Just like us, if we cannot see then we will be limited on traveling and identifying threats. However, we still have four other senses that may help us over some of these AI machines. Now some have touch and hearing, but I haven't seen one with smell (so far). So, being quiet and "blinding" them would be a way to possible disable them. Now getting close enough to blind them with spray paint or the like may be difficult. Of course, they will be running on some sort of battery system, so unless they improve the batteries they will be limited on their performance. Hydraulics will be another weakness if you are able to get access to it and the lines are easy to cut or break. Here is a vid of several types of "robots", some are autonomous and others are via cable or remote control. You can search YT for others....

https://youtu.be/8vIT2da6N_o
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Just a thought but a couple BB2590 lithium batteries, a 2000W inverter, the guts from a commercial microwave and a easy built tight focus waveguide and you're good for 100M at least. Great for dropping pesky drones too.
    Bullets defeat the mechanism but energy defeats the controller.
    Just a thought.