FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Age and eyesight

I went to an indoor range after Thanksgiving; nothing says the holidays like range time you know. I was having some difficulty focusing, the grouping was good but off slightly. Time for a visit to the eye doctor. I visited a new guy, understanding that he is a libertarian and a shooter himself. After the exam, I told him of my difficulty with iron sights, he said that he hears the same complaint a lot. His prescription was as follows: go to St. Augustine, find the Fountain of Youth, take a drink, and bring him back some. Otherwise, use optics. He is a long-distance shooter, haven given up iron sights years ago. Great guy.

Administrator
    I can confirm that eyesight does NOT get better with age I used to wear glasses for reading; now I can only see blurs without them!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My eyesight did get better with age. I wore glasses from the age of ten to the ripe age of 56 then I did this one thing....LASIK. Now five years later no glasses and I can see when I get up at night....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    Lol.
    My life long buddy is an eye doc.
    Explained an issue to him..he started laughing.
    " dude...we're both in our 40s...welcome to getting old.."
    Trying to read up close is a no go anymore....but put the book 30ft away and i got 400x focus lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Blog Entries
    my wife looks like she is playing the trombone trying to read. Yet tells me I need to go to the eye doctor. I know my time is coming but not just yet.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar