FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

southern boy explains his area

i was visiting a nearby state and on the northern end.
    a fellow and his co worker had really helped us at a large business.
    we gave a gift of a bag of sausage biscuits as a thank you gift...

this led to a conversation about how they had already eaten biscuits this morning with wild hog sausage..

that led to a discussion of guns, hunting etc..
    this town rolls up the sidewalks around 5 pm. a place i'd love to live...

i asked how many folks hunted? shot frequently? had more than a rifle and a shotgun?

everyone he knew hunted. he was sure some households didn't. some were widows etc.. (and oh yeah, we help provide them meat for the freezer he explained)
    a few numbers: 80% hunt. 70% shoot at the various long distance ranges around the area. and all that he knows have more than a rifle and a shotgun. he went on to explain, humbly. some areas around the country have problems... and he named several societal problems.. but we don't have those kind of problems here, and he couldn't imagine those situations developing there. we are a close community.
    everyone knows everyone.

made me proud for him and the whole area.

We have a similar situation here. I had some work done recently, something that was beyond my skill set. Two young men who hunt and fish to put food on the table as well as a way to get in the woods. They work “off-the-books” for a local builder. I hope that their children carry on the tradition. There is a drug problem here as with many rural towns. The school system is on top of it though. They are more concerned with the “vaping crisis”. Crickets when it comes to pills.
    Last edited by Bill Foster; 03-10-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    Sounds a lot like North Florida, in the rural areas

Things seems to get a lot better when you get north of I-4 and even better around and north of I-10 in Florida.

A few liberal bastions aside that is...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."