FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Plato The Republic

Has anyone read/listened to this whole thing?

I must admit I gave the audio book another go on a 12 hour drive this last weekend. Barely made it past disc 2.

I realize they debated and discussed things so much differently back then, but good God Almighty!!!!

Disc 1 and 2 short summary- several guys debating/discussing the nature of justice. OK, one or two good points made but most of the dialogue- aaaahhhh

"Gracon, would you not say that the nature of water is to be wet?"

"Why yes it would be said of water to be wet."

"If therefore water is wet, would you not say that water is liquid?"

"Actually yes, water would be said to be a liquid."

"And if water is wet and is a liquid as we have hereby discovered, could it not be said that water is refreshing?"

"Yes it could be said that water was refreshing."

"So if water have the characteristics of being wet, liquid and refreshing, shall we not move the discussion to the need of water for life?"

"Yes, proceed."

Aaaahhh....

It's a good thing these people had slaves, they spent hours doing dumb crap like this....

Does it get any better? So far it's been the only thing like this I haven't been able to make through in one setting. Even the crazy strange "Brave New World" book of Huxley I got through albeit with a "WTH?" look on my face most of the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Thank goodness I didn’t have to read that in school. Nowadays, I save my reading time for authors like Max Velocity.