FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Iran, China, Venezeula, Shooting wars and economic wars

Iran, China, Venezeula, Shooting wars and economic wars

Where could this go? Seems like several things are simmering on the world's plate right now.

Speculate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

High degree of intensity that's NOT public

When you see stuff like Pompeo running off to chit chat with the Russians over many subjects, you know the rosey dosey everything is awesome public stories are BS....

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    When you see stuff like Pompeo running off to chit chat with the Russians over many subjects, you know the rosey dosey everything is awesome public stories are BS....
    Damn well said !
    There is effectively NO NEWS !
    Only opinions of people I either don't know or wouldn't hire and the incessant round tables like "The five" or "The view".

We NEED to know the IP addresses of the key sites we go to and verify that we can access them using only IP and not DNS's/URL's
    When they shut down the internet, all they have to do is kill the DNS's because 99% of internet users don't even know what an IP is.

I wonder if some of us with a server and fixed IP address for it shouldn't setup the old style bulletin board using IP just like we had to use telephone numbers in the old days. Just do it httpS://ip address and login
    Last edited by prc-104; 05-15-2019 at 02:00 PM.

I agree PRC-104. If they can control the DNS then they can just cutoff whole IP subnets. They control the Core routers already, or have enough clout to manage them the way they want the data to flow. If you want information you better have it downloaded and printed out before they cut off the switch. Look at China and their internet for an example of what is possible. I wouldn't require much to eliminate the website they wouldn't want us to look at.

Side note: I was watching the Venezuela riots live on FB and CNN....Then nothing. No news coming out of Venezuela...at all. Nothing. Interesting enough, in my office about 2 cubes away a lady from Colombia with a lot of family still there, mentioned that her city is flooded with 100k of refugees for months. They tried to shutdown the border but there were too many people coming in from Venezuela.

Thx TH,
    Back in the mid-80's, we had all of Atlanta up to Chattanooga tied together with a ham Wifi network.
    Wasn't connected to the outside internet unless we wanted to access one of the three comps that had real world link ability but most all the time, it was a sealed system. All was at the slow 2.4ghz baud rate of that day but it worked and worked well. Sure, it was a lot like the old bulletin boards and didn't have the overly heavy graphics that we have now.
    If you put up a 10 foot pole on the chimney on your roof and others did as well, you could have a neighborhood privately controlled and operated internet. Then talk to others and link others with yours.
    .GOV or others could not shut it down.
    Something to think about is MeshPotatoe or similar.
    It handles up to 62 router connections. It's mesh network just like the real arpa-net/internet.
    They did a number of african villages and found out you could link multiple cellphones with it as well, until their .GOV found out and came in and took it all.
    In Costa Rica after a bad hurricane, they went in and in 2 hours set up nine meshpotatoes and had regional cellphone and internet working. When they got a sat connection, finally, and linked it in, they had WWW available.
    Dunno why Puerto Rico didn't do that but I have my opinions as to why not.
    Something to think about,
    Think the MeshPotatoes run just under $90 oer unit ready to go. Put a solar cell and gelcell battery and it'll run dang near forever.
    Food for thought.

Great posts guys.

What we need is a tutorial on what your discussing- written for tech retards like myself!

A LOT of local uses for what your describing. I can imagine a local net wherein you can pop up a small commercial drone and run a track ahead of a security patrol on foot- all the while sending video real time to a base and to the patrol.

Or for the "dreaded" retreat sniper scenario- sending a drone up to pinpoint location with thermal while counter snipers or a fire team is sent out to the location.

Possibilities are endless.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agree with LD3...we need a tutorial for us tech retards....

I will do a search on meshpotatoe though....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

i googled meshpotatoes.... don't add the s... videos of fat girl.

i then left off the s and some inexpensive phones? radio?

i ditto ld and psd...

let's just say,
    or better yet... "what if?"

billy bob lived in a small village... rural, farms, lots of folks with 5 to 20 acres... lots of folks with hundreds of acres farming... billy bob has got 10 friends within a mile diameter,
    20 in the next 2 miles and
    10 more in the next 10 miles...

and economic disaster leads to political and social upheaval...

what will they wish they had done?
    cost and training? re smashed red taters or whatever you said?

oh yeah, billy doesn't know it yet... but 3 out of every 10 will sell out and turncoat...
    they'll tattle to the gangs or turn into a raider
    or they'll tattle to the bad guys that took over the sheriff and ems dept. just following the rules/law.
    or they'll use any info they can get to just plain old fashioned be a thief.

About those mesh potatoes......
    Their connection is VillageTelco.com BUT
    Looks like they quit manufacturing the unit a few months back.
    Good concept,
    Gonna take some chasing.