FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Chicken in every pot!

Oh damn the old dems slogan was right!!!

chickpot.jpg

We are blessed with some of the most broody hens we have ever had.

Just when the flock gets a little smaller, it's like they know and two or three disappear to go broody.

2 hatched last week in the woods and are following momma hen around. 4 hatched in the chicken pen Sunday and have been following momma around and just saw this one a little while ago in one of my wife's flower pots.

It's been a self perpetuating flock for a while now. When the roosters get too numerous and annoying, we whack a bunch of them out and put them in the freezer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    at first glance it looked like one in the frying pan, then I enlarged the photo from the thumbnail pic and see its in the flower pot....Nice looking chick....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

congrats on the clucks...
    i have associate in aussie land...
    i forgot the for sure name, but i think they call them clucks, or cluckers or something similar...
    hmm... i digress.
    awesome food source and near 'bout self sustaining!

Blog Entries
    We are down to one layer.
    Something killed ole Rex the super rooster.....
    In the process of debating of staying with layers or going 50/50 meat birds .
    Never had a broody hen in my bunch. On our next run id like to see one so we can keep rolling stock going.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    We are down to one layer.
    Something killed ole Rex the super rooster.....
    In the process of debating of staying with layers or going 50/50 meat birds .
    Never had a broody hen in my bunch. On our next run id like to see one so we can keep rolling stock going.
    Best we can remember the last time we actually bought chicks was at Tractor Supply maybe 6 or so years ago. I think they were Red Sex Links. We have had some broody hens before, but that batch from Tractor has seen probably 4-6 very broody hens.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."