FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

have your paperwork in order and findable!

what if...
    you suddenly had a situation develop..
    this could be
    a death, a disabled person, need to sell a house, insurance claim,
    medical emergency, whatever,

do you know where the paperwork is located?
    whose name is authorized to take the next step?
    is there a chain of names?
    who has access to the documents?
    what if they are sick or dead or out of the country?

here's an example.
    sister dies.
    where's the will and related documents?
    who has access to her accounts?
    are they available? alive? competent?
    if they aren't, who is the next person? or even is there a subsequent person?
    if the will is in a safe, safety deposit box, who has the key and/or combination?

some of these things are hard to discuss with family/friends.
    i think the biggest reason is that we are all young and tough and macho, and
    "there ain't nothing that will happen to me."
    or a situation i've seen more and more of recently..
    the person has become a true believer in
    "God will take care of me, regardless of any bad thing."
    which translates, i won't die. i won't get cancer. i can drive like an idiot, because i won't have a wreck, i don't have to have insurance or a will or save for a arainy day."
    or another way to word the philosophy is
    "we studied that at our religious house. the rapture will happen before any thing bad like dying, or cancer or storm."
    which translates in real life to.... before my house gets blown away by a storm, i and mine will get raptured... and, i'm in great health, i'm a super soldier and go to the gym regularly, i believe in grace, so i don't need life insurance to provide for my children in the event i die.

well... rant over..
    follow your own path. be happy.. be self righteous.. vote for the wrong side and
    don't plan for the future. live for today..
    well... now the rant is really over...

Good post.

And never underestimate the stupidity of other people involved, their emotions, etc.

People in general have a really short attention span and a memory that doesn't last much longer.

Stuff HAS to be written down in Wills and important documents that can't be challenged by some idiot relative that "means well."

Also be that person that knows and has the WHY certain things are done/were done/have to be done a certain way.

Older people will tend to forget the why's after a while, some "well meaning" idiot comes with a "good idea" and then you waste time going over the "why's" again and again. Only to know damn well you are going to go down this route again before too long when some other schmoe comes with a "good idea" and the older person thinks they would be helping them by doing some crazy thing.

And don't underestimate the stupidity of other family members. "I remember Grandma telling me she wanted to be cremated and her ashes shot out of a cannon at the circus one time"- some again "well meaning" (read: idiot) niece/nephew or grandson/granddaughter comes with some dumb crap like that. Debate it or simply state- "right here in her own words she states she wants to be buried with Dad."

An executor has a very stressful job handling these things, especially if the family is filled with "well meaning" idiots. Make their job easy- get it ALL in writing, down to the "my old china set goes to Mr. Smith."

Yes it will waste a ton of your time now hashing and re-hashing and re-hashing a time or twelve, but later you can simply say STFU here it is in writing to anyone with crazy ideas of shooting Grandma's ashes out of a circus cannon cause their heard her joke about it when they were six years old.

Unfortunately the world is full of idiots that screw up everything and think they are right about the most ridiculous crap. ALL of our plans for life really need to factor this in and do as much as we can to prevent this where our interactions involve other people and most especially family.

Plan accordingly and plan ahead!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

i came back to edit my post... calm it down...
    then i read yours...
    i think someone you might know.... read the same book someone i might know..

anyhow,
    back to the B, B, and B