FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Red or blue

Red or blue

No, not red or blue pills. I installed a side scope mount on my commie rifle. You are supposed to use thread lock on the screws. I would like opinions on what type. As my bad memory tells me, blue can be removed and red is permanent. Thoughts?

Oops, thought I replied, sorry. I believe blue is the correct answer.

What type of mount? I've had good luck with the $30. UTG side mount that has the throw lever. You adjust the tension on the throw lever with the screw on the bottom but other than that, the thing holds in place pretty good. The throw lever set up is nice cause the rifles won't fit in pelican cases unless we pull the mount/scopes. Also if it's a folder, it won't fold all the way with the mount on. So it's nice to be able to remove it.

Is the mount permanent?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

It is a UTG 47 mount, similar to the original mount that was on my, now former Saiga. I’m bringing an abused, rust covered, pre-ban polytech back to life.

I’m bringing an abused, rust covered, pre-ban polytech back to life. "

Nice! Nothing like redeeming a war horse!

Ok, I purchased the blue. I found that I couldn’t use the side mount with the Tapco retaining plate with it. I had to reinstall the #@&*$# shepherd’s spring. Here’s a pic of the finished product.F9DC35F4-7072-4625-B019-D0E8F1C85B9F.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!