FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Dorian

Dorian

Florida folks you have hopefully began plans regarding this.

Looks like more of a problem south of the Mickey line?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    Wife is in the Miami condo. Right on Biscayne Bay. I will be in the Gainesville house. May be a rough ride, but we are as prepped as possible. Prayers for all that will be impacted.

talked with a georgia associate this week...
    he used a generator a lot last fall when storm took out power for several days... it used propane...
    he hasn't refilled tank...

sounds to me like he should!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    cranked the gen up last weekend and tested fine. Have 40 gal of fuel and several quarts of oil. Fuel in cars topped off. plenty of potable water on hand and beans and rice (so to speak). Will crank up chainsaw as I haven't checked it in 2 months. Plenty of bandaids as well. I will set up the HAM to start monitoring things on the SARnet. For others who have a HAM but not licensed you can still listen. This will be a statewide net, so you will likely hear folks from all over the state give reports. Here is a list of towers and freqs....

https://www.sarnetfl.com/uploads/6/1...sarnet_map.pdf

Stay safe....

Georgia folks should watch as well. Latest long forecast that I saw carries it up the middle of FL and into GA, SC then back out into Atlantic then clipping NC. Lots of rain expected, like up to 35" in some locations. JAX alone expecting 10"-15" and central FL they say could be 15"-20". Couple good hurricane sites are https://spaghettimodels.com and https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/#top and of course the https://www.nhc.noaa.gov
    Last edited by Patriotic Sheepdog; 08-29-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    Got this from a friend of mine today, and this is with the storm 4 days away. Wait until the day before the storm hits and all the people from South FL that have been driving for 24 hours and are tired, enraged, kids crying, hungry, etc. have to stop for gas here:

Ok fight this morning at Kangaroo station next to our shop over a gas pump. One guy used both sides of pump one to fill car and other to fill his cans apparently the car at pump gas can side was inside paying for his fill up at counter came out to find pump hog using his side and words were exchanged then fists then Orange County SO
    Over gassing up
    🤷🏻*♂️
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    the ONLY time you know where a hurricane is going, is the moment it passes your location.
    Looks like Dorian is taking a turn north and east, and won't actually land in FL. For me it makes little difference though, as the strength will stay above a Cat 2, and pass right offshore by St.Augustine and Jax.

i'm still cleaning storm debris (trees) from last big storm of 18 ... burnt 3 large piles this week...
    sort of funny that we may be starting all over again...
    but the good news is.. storm projections are moving away from us.

Blog Entries
    if it stays on the current projected path, the eye stays offshore. However, the tropical storm force winds stretch out 113 miles from the center. It looks, at the current time and path, that central FL will have tropical storm force winds. Problem is, it is projected to slow down and take 24 hours to pass. Thats a long time with winds...plus the 10" of rain...

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    Topping off tye truck and car was a chore gas was out in my area by Wednesday.
    Sides that, test ran all gas operated tools and gens few days ago. Spent yesterday clesring and putting up any loose items. Will board up windows today or tomorrow.
    Sides that, not much else ya can do.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

praying for y'all but we don't worry about canes here at 7600 feet.
    Lesson learned: Spare fuel filters. the cheap little $3.00 ones.
    Last winter I found a 1971 kohler 10KW 110/220volt 4 cylinder gas generator on a trailer from
    a power company operations center.
    Went all thru it and it came up fine.
    Got lots of spare support stuff, plugs, rotor, wires, relays, fuel pumps, spare belts.thermostat....
    Just everything.
    Even made it remote (wireless) START.

but but but.
    A week ago it started fine..for about 60 seconds and then went to crap.
    I had NO SPARE FUEL FILTERS!

That's fixed now but would have been a royal ***** in the middle of a severe winter storm.

Thought this would be a good reminder for y'all.