FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

How do you outfit a new rifle?

Go all Gucchi with it, just the basics or what?

What essential items do you add to a new rifle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    On my newest rifle.
    First thing i did was search the web for deals lol.
    After building it. I added a red dot,buis.
    Then i hung it from some 550 and rattle canned it.
    Then added a weapons light after it was zeroed and i put 200+ rounds down it, to make sure it worked lol.
    Next thing will be a different rear sling attachment. Think that'll cost me a whopping 15$.

Thats as fancy as ill get .
    Bad enough i had to buy different mags...ammo....turn in my man card...and pour a liter of vodka down my AKs barrel to dull its jealousy ;p
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Blog Entries
    20190207_190103.jpg20190207_190103.jpg

After zero..before light,sling..etc...

What red dot is that?

Yeah I have a few now also- even after saying "never again" more than a Rabbi.... LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    What red dot is that?

Yeah I have a few now also- even after saying "never again" more than a Rabbi.... LOL
    Me being the budget minded type i am... lmao.

Its a sig romeo 5. I wanted better but since this rifle wasnt a primary go to. I shopped around. Plus i needed mags,ammo. PSA had 10 mags and the optic for 199$ iirc.
    It has got good reviews so i said why not. It was a toss up vs the holosun of same style( same deal w/mags as well)
    Its has 10 or so brightness levels, auto on off and came with two different height mounts.runs off 1 battery( the nickle sized ones garage doors use, the number escapes me)
    It wasn't my 1st choice, but i had a budget to stay in.
    The buis are similar. I wanted better ones but 60,80+$ fir sights...come on. These are polymer ones from cdnn that cost only 20$ , they work. And are back ups anyway.

Either way. 1st things for me are always rattle can, mags,ammo...optics if budget allows.
    Heck im using para chord for my front sling mount as i hat stuff tgat rattles....and well...its like 30 bucks or more for jimbobs tactical XmountPlock ribbed for zombie plewsure sling point....lol.

I gotta stop being so cheap lol

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess you outfit it based on the purpose. Is it a basic MBR or a DMR, etc. Expecting a lot of long range 300-500yds or CQB and short range out to 200yds but occasionally out to 300yds. Night use then have ability to add a dBal and optic for night.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

The BCM Mod 0 rifle I got about a month ago has some funky flash "hider"- looks like a standard birdcage but is definitely not.

Shooting it around dusk at 300 yards the other night in the "perch" at the shooting range we saw a helluva fireball from this thing!

Wonder WTH the point is with that? Everything else about the rifle is head and shoulders above the cheaper models I have. Hell the action is smooth as silk and puts my old (long sold) Colt Match Hbar from the 90's to shame.

It now has 600-800 rounds through it so I cleaned it the other day. BCM must ship them with some crazy heavy lube on everything. There was a thick gunk of crude on everything. Hoping that's gone now.

Shooting only high quality brass Federal and Fiochi ammo through this. If this one effs up like the other ARs I've owned, I will be sounding that out for all the world to hear Cause you know yelling 'murica' when you shoot won't stop your gun from jamming!

Last year I acquired a Savage 110 in 30-06, nylon stock, good optic and mount. After a long delay, I took it to the range. At 50 and 100 yards with old milsurp ammo, 1.5” groups. I was happy. I have been thinking of a better stock, one with an adjustable cheek rest and a softer buttpad (kicks a little). Has anyone had experience with Boyd’s stocks? I’m looking at the At-One.