FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
    Administrator

Interesting Change of Attitude - Do I Need Another Firearm?

My husband asked me today how long it would take me to retrieve a firearm if someone broke into our house while we were in it; this after the cat jumped on the workbench in the garage and knocked off a bunch of noisy stuff onto the floor. I don't carry inside my house (I keep the doors locked all the time) but I always carry when I leave the house. It got me to thinking, and I think I need to get a pistol for the living room, just a compact one that I could stash in the end table. Maybe one for my office - the living room and office are where I can be found when I'm not in the kitchen creating dinner magic. I'm not paranoid - we live in an extremely safe neighborhood but there's always that off chance, so...

Thoughts? Recommendations? I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't buy junk either.

Hiding things in plain sight works for us. Both of our entry doors are in/near the kitchen. If someone knocks or rings the doorbell, and we don’t like the looks of the visitor, we pick up the oven mitt that stays on the kitchen island. An 8-shot air-weight .22 is inside. Any mouse gun will fit, I.e. 380, single stack 9mm, etc. When the grandkids visit, it goes to the upper cabinets out-of-reach. 7E4A316C-B7A9-494D-A342-88D1D69B7BEF.jpg449F5CDD-C780-4C78-B73E-6E60D71BB4B3.jpg

Administrator
    Great idea! Thanks Bill!