FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Surveillance

Surveillance

Ms. Foster wants a video doorbell. Understanding what she wants, I am looking for a motion-sensitive camera that will: 1. Turn on when someone comes on to the porch. 2. Will notify me when said person/critter is on the porch. 3. Is WiFi to a cell phone. 4. Will record when triggered. 5. Is battery operated. As I have more than my share of of old, but still functioning cell phones with video recording capabilities, that would be my choice. I donít need one to contact my phone when I am away, because in our area, phone service is sketchy at best. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Ms. Foster wants a video doorbell. Understanding what she wants, I am looking for a motion-sensitive camera that will: 1. Turn on when someone comes on to the porch. 2. Will notify me when said person/critter is on the porch. 3. Is WiFi to a cell phone. 4. Will record when triggered. 5. Is battery operated. As I have more than my share of of old, but still functioning cell phones with video recording capabilities, that would be my choice. I donít need one to contact my phone when I am away, because in our area, phone service is sketchy at best. Any suggestions?
    Ring. I personally have RING. Now, let me be the first to say...this is a security risk. No telling who has their hooks into Ring's Video library. But it does everything you asked about and more. Quality picture. You can see anyone very clearly up to about 25 yards away during day and 10 yards at night. So it does its job.

Administrator
    Ring will even record a spider crawling across the lens....I've had a few of those, and even more on other Ring devices. Decent resolution, very good sensitivity, can be hard wired to replace existing doorbell but has a battery backup - and since it's wifi, you can use any wifi-capable phone even if it's not internet connected. You can pause/suspend notifications for specified time periods.

Thank you for your help. Looks like we will be ringing.