JRH Products
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    If "they" pull state level funding, "we" could stop sending county sales, gas, etc. tax revenue to the state and become self-sustaining for police and other requirements. "We" could also stop sending state income tax revenue (if the state has personal income tax) and use that too. It would be an interesting game of chicken...

Dunno, but I heard
    Georgia, followed by Kentucky and then North Carolina are putting effectively the same bill in as Virginia did.
    YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    If "they" pull state level funding, "we" could stop sending county sales, gas, etc. tax revenue to the state and become self-sustaining for police and other requirements. "We" could also stop sending state income tax revenue (if the state has personal income tax) and use that too. It would be an interesting game of chicken...
    I always wondered how that works. How do you NOT pay taxes at the gas pump or at the store. Problem is most of the counties in the country have been greedy and taking the state and fed monies offered so much that they are all now have to continue to take the money or they can pay the bills. Like the majority of households the counties have overextended and without tough decisions cant stop the hamster wheel.

Administrator
    "We" is a collective we at the county level. Counties in FL set their own gasoline tax add-ons, and it's likely that gas tax revenues are collected by the counties, forwarded to the state, and which then forwards the federal govt's share to the IRS. I envision hundreds of little secessions across the country if there is too much intrusion on individual rights by overbearing leftists. That counties are declaring 2A sanctuary status is indicative of the greater divide to come.

Blog Entries
    Lee county in VA announced a call for militia yesterday using tazwell as a model.
    Interesting times.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Talking to some VA boys this week, they don't expect this retarded red governor to stand down.

This isn't good folks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

What they told you sounds likely, but I don't know squat. I'm a nobody.
    I'm thinking stupidity knows no bounds, usually.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    In a broader context, we are seeing in this Virginia issue a situation that is all too common these days. Urban populations grow, and are most always liberal. The disparity in population gives the cities political control. They try to force their political and cultural beliefs on the rural areas.

Administrator
    Northam's mindset is indicative of leftist policy: If we can't convince the people that what we want to do is the right thing, we'll force it down their throats. By any means necessary is the game plan. Look at the US House for a couple hundred prime examples...