JRH Products
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    The flu is nasty this year - don't mess around with it!

Seems the website doing an up to date count of patients and locations hasnt updated since yesterday at 11est. Hosted by john hopkins...I wonder if they were give a hush order or a cease order as the truth might cause a panic. (or it could be that the guy doing the updating took a vacation day ). But I do know that there are some good videos on youtube from people in the quarantine area. They are ranting about the injustice of the people being locked down and the leaders staying on an island resort "Governing." Sounds like communism to me. The same rant was saying that before the lockdown 2 million people were allowed to leave the region and go home since the new year activities were cancelled. So how many of those were carriers and didnt know it. Same dude also said that everyone is being turned away from hospitals. If you have a broken arm...too bad. If you are scheduled to get your chemo...too bad. Dialysis...too bad.

In Raleigh, NC they were checking a man for CoronaVirus. This was not in any major publication in NC area. A little known news outlet carried it though...

https://www.iredellfreenews.com/news...orth-carolina/

Turns out the person did NOT have CoronaVirus, but...if these are happening all over the chances of the cooking off in an area near us is very possible and nobody would know till it is too late.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    That's why I stay home and mind my own business...

This morning I went to the orthopedic surgeon's office with my husband, who was having a post op visit. A young lady was in the waiting room with a mask on, coughing intermittently. I sat as far away as possible and was happy when my time in the waiting room was very short. It's the same reason I seldom visit my PCP - who needs everybody else's illnesses? The incubation period for coronavirus is fairly lengthy, which gives an unsuspecting carrier plenty of time to be out and about infecting many other people. For now, I'll hang out around here and get some spring cleaning done (heaven knows there's always plenty of that) and continue to mind my own business.

I remember the ebola virus infecting some health care workers and the panic that was causing. I hope we don't have to deal with that in the US. We are a very mobile society and that has its downside...
    My Dad went into ER last week. When I got there I walked into ER waiting room and it was full. People wearing masks with blankets wrapped around them were abundant. He wasn't in a room yet, so they said we could wait. I said sure, and hit the hand sanitizer, grabbed a mask and went back to my car. Walked back in 15 minutes later and the receptionist said he's in room 29. Off I went to his room (he was not in for the flu). I stayed out of that lobby and even left a different route.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    News now reports CDC confirms first person-to-person transmission of coronavirus in US

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-says-n1126566
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Looks like the website with the amount of infected and deaths by location only updates like twice a day.

Administrator
    A virus is generally transmitted by person-to-person contact. If you can get a wart by physical contact, why would coronavirus not be contagious? The "no alarm at all costs" policy isn't realistic. I believe our research companies will find a successful vaccine, but until then I'll be still hanging out around the house minding my own business. I don't really need to go anywhere most of the time anyway!

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

9,776 cases 213 deaths as of just now. So roughly 2% mortality rate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    Has anyone seen a R0 (r-zero) which describes the transmission rate of coronavirus? I have been looking for it but cannot read all articles. I have not seen it listed in "official" websites like WHO, or CDC.

NO 10-289!

Blog Entries
    yes, 2% is what they are saying, but remember the the Spanish flu of 1918 had a 2.5%-6% mortality rate (depending on which article you read) and 50k people died globally. They had boats for transportation, we have airplanes and faster boats. The Spanish Flu affected people even in the arctic. The coronavirus also is different as there can be no symptoms for up to 14 days and still be transmitted. That is why I am trying to find out the R0.

IMO, we need to watch this closely. So far the majority of cases are in China, the next closest is Thailand with 19 cases. All deaths have been in China. If we start seeing it ramp up in cases here, then we need to begin getting more concerned. But for now, just be diligent, informed and revisit your NBC supplies.

NO 10-289!

and...we cant really trust what we are hearing out of China. The whole world is watching and the little snippets we get from users with VPN software are troubling for sure. Just a coincidence, but werent a bunch of chinese people protesting like crazy just a couple weeks ago. It just hit India a couple days ago, so we should see more information coming out of there. Similar to China in that it has a huge population and not enough hospitals for a pandemic. So if it takes off there, we should hear actual news about it. If they dont have problems then I will believe the info out of China. I aint taking any trips in a plane any time soon anyway.