JRH Products
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Not to be overly cautious but, instead of going to the doctor's office to pay for my husband's flu shot, I called them and paid it over the phone. Not interested in walking into a hotbed of bacteria- and virus-afflicted people!

Good move!

This is starting to not look pretty out there. We complain about China "hiding info" on this- and I believe they are- but we ASSume the US gubmint isn't!

I think everyone is covering up true numbers for the sake of their economies.

Market dropping like hell again today.

If your apt for some risk, LUV (Southwest Airlines) might be a good short term risk here in the low $40. range. Normally is around $55. a share. Pays a small dividend also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Watching the Trump press conference yesterday, I almost got the impression that he didnt even believe what he was saying. Like he was saying it, but knowing it will come back to haunt him. It is a balancing act...."Need to keep people isolated and contained to prevent spread...keep the R level below 1.0...BUT....need to keep the economy going...at least enough to feed everyone....BUT also need to keep infection rate below level that swamps hospitals.

Administrator
    I got the impression that he was trying to not cause a panic, but instead to give some common sense advice. While the possibility exists that COVID-19 will become a worldwide pandemic, there's nowhere else in the world I'd rather be in the event of a massive outbreak of any contagious disease than right here in the US. MSM is working hard to cause a panic. The President is trying not to. We DO need to keep the economy going and now, more than ever, we need to expand to produce critical items that we are dependent solely on China for. Do what makes sense: extra bottled water, extra canned and dry goods, stock up your freezer. If there are suspected cases in your area, use Walmart Pickup or InstaCart to get groceries. Reschedule doctor's appointments for non-critical events, like annual physicals. There isn't room for one more thing in my pantry... and that's the way I like it. There is nothing I need to go out for if I don't want to. Then there's the motorhome which is also loaded up...

Administrator
    Told my husband today to just ride it out. We're down about $7K right now. If it takes a year for the market to recover, we don't need that money now anyway. Sooner or later, the ship will right itself. I suspect Apple and other tech companies will find a way to deliver in spite of China. There are many chip and board manufacturers stateside - small operations but capable.

"This too shall pass" and hopefully we have all been preparing ahead of time.

Playing the flip side of this, if your in cash the market is down and will likely drop more. Put in some stupid low price buys on some of your favorite stocks- they may very well be picked up.

Administrator
    We talked about it this morning. We have some Ford and medical stocks. The medical stocks have been solid.

‎i found this on the internet at a camper site.
    bill is a moderator of the tiffin website... probably the owner... if something here is new and you decide to relay it, please include the following.. heading. thanks.

Bill Goldman‎ to Tiffin Open Roaders
    10 hrs
    I hope you don't mind if I use this space for a little Public Service Announcement regarding COVID-19, the rapidly spreading disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2:

First, about me: I am a microbiologist whose lab specializes in research on respiratory infectious diseases. I have published over 100 research articles on this topic and have been invited to talk about our work over 200 times at international conferences and research institutions. I meet with members of Congress and their staffers to inform them about new initiatives and legislation related to infectious diseases. Earlier this week, I was in Washington and met with Tony Fauci (Director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases) for a briefing on the latest developments regarding COVID-19.

Now, about you: You are all travelers, and many of you are older travelers. These factors put you at higher risk for exposure to people who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 and more serious COVID-19 symptoms.

There is currently a lot of misinformation being disseminated about COVID-19, and I'm not interested in discussing the political and economic reasons for this. What I want to do here is to strongly recommend that you rely on accurate sources of information about this disease as it starts to spread within the U.S. (as is starting to happen now). Distribution of a vaccine is more than a year away, diagnostic tests and drugs are still in development, and therefore dealing with this pandemic currently depends on public awareness, good habits, and a little common sense.

Your best resource for information on COVID-19 is to regularly check the CDC website and updates at the link below.

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.

About this website
    CDC.GOV
    Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Administrator
    At Publix today to get some BBQ lighters, some cumin to make taco seasoning - the kid who packed up my order was obviously sniffling and coughing, and I held my breath until I got out of the checkout! Hate to be paranoid but...I wish sick people would stay home😬

The rumors you might have heard about Mt. House relate to this-

Friday afternoon

2/28- Mt. House sends all dealers a email stating they are overwhelmed and are shutting down the DEALER ordering website for the time being while they sort things out.

3/2 12:21 pm-

Maintenance Mode
    Thank you for visiting Mountain House! We are currently not accepting orders online or over the phone while we check our inventory levels. Please do not call. We are working very hard to resolve the issue and hope to have the site up again soon.