JRH Products
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Disturbing news here - our neighbor across the street is sick and worried she may be infected. They just came back from a Caribbean vacation via plane and have been going out shopping, having the kids over, etc. There was a confirmed case on the island they visited. My husband went over there to see his friend, even though I advised him not to go there after just having surgery. Now he's worried and should be. I was right, as usual.

Daughter was complaining of boredom and wanting to go see her friends. I asked her if a social fix was worth risking her life or the lives of her friends. Who knows who's been in contact with a carrier? Told her to sit her butt at home and get her house in order. When she's working there's never time for projects.

Appointment tomorrow at my husband's surgeon, then back home. Also had one that couldn't be skipped this week, but the doctor's office is locked and only allowing one person in at a time. All the magazines are gone from the waiting room. Life has changed in a very short time.

rumor...
    a new batch of cases - about 7-8 popped up at a city nearby...
    they had all been to the same funeral...

my source of rumor says it won't be long before the surviving spouse of a virus death case will not be allowed at funeral.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    rumor...
    a new batch of cases - about 7-8 popped up at a city nearby...
    they had all been to the same funeral...

my source of rumor says it won't be long before the surviving spouse of a virus death case will not be allowed at funeral.
    You are correct RR....this is what is happening in Italy. This article doesn't say it, but I have read a different source, that the patient cannot have visitors, so they if they die, they die alone in the hospital. Sad, very sad....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Internet streaming. Grieve at home in your PJs no black PJs necessary.

The new norms...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

my "rumor" mentioned above with 7-8 cases i now believe to be accurate... there was a religious meeting.. i stopped by the bank today and inquired about the fact that the lobby was closed... i was at drive through.
    i did not know the clerk.
    her response was, " there were 120 people at the religious gathering and they are checking to see if more than 7 are infected"

our local bank had closed lobby... drive through only.
    bank i just mentioned is a large regional... drive through only.

Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    my "rumor" mentioned above with 7-8 cases i now believe to be accurate... there was a religious meeting.. i stopped by the bank today and inquired about the fact that the lobby was closed... i was at drive through.
    i did not know the clerk.
    her response was, " there were 120 people at the religious gathering and they are checking to see if more than 7 are infected"

our local bank had closed lobby... drive through only.
    bank i just mentioned is a large regional... drive through only.
    Ameris probably. They sent an email late yesterday about that. I'm sure others are doing the same thing.

Incrementalism. If all the lights went out at once, people would freak out and the riots they are trying to avoid would happen.

A few lights out here, a few lights out there.... and people get used to it.

Administrator
    Netflix is slowing streaming to de-clutter the internet. I don't watch Netflix anyway but I think millions are right now. I just watch whatever except the DJIA ticker...

Things going from bad to worse here. Husband's biopsy came back positive, which means he needs another surgery - in the hospital where someone just died from coronavirus. Concerned about his exposure there but no choice. Retirement pushed off until June so he'll maintain insurance. It's okay - we can't go anywhere fun anyway.

Strange to drive through Orange Park on nearly empty streets. Nowhere to go and nothing to do. Still only 4 cases in my county but that's likely to change for the worse. Doctor's office letting in one patient at a time...

new rumor...
    walmart locally will limit customers to 50 at a time in the store...

we have a super walmart and i don't believe the rumor.

a local source advised. "we had our first virus death in the county today"
    older person with other pre existing medical problems.

i asked "how many infected folks in the county?" i had not heard of any specifics. just recently another source using national official report said there were no reports in georgia... this was fairly recent.

my contact says, "you don't want to know." which surprised me and they could tell i was surprised.. then went on " the problem is that the gov't/authorities/medical folks, NO one knows how many are in our county. a person calls medical and tells them. "my aunt is sick she's coughing and has a fever and doesn't feel good. you folks have got to go check on her."
    so dear reader, what do you think happens?
    pretend the person who gets this call is the local doctor, or the local hospital, or the local ambulance, or the local pharmacy...
    if you were the above listed person and you were already busy, and you KNEW the virus was in the county, and knew that it was very contagious, would you stop what you were doing and ride out 10 miles into the county and go in someones house and check them out knowing that there was a real good chance that they were infected and therefore contagious?

in this scenario, i mentioned the facility that got the call, stated. "please call your aunts personal physician and follow their advice."

so, how do you or anyone know how many cases there are in any local area?

here are a few specific references i'm aware of.

1. older, probably low income, sickly lady died.
    2. 2 folks show up at local hospital suddenly. they are both sent to larger hospitals in state capital. 1 is now dead. the other result is unknown.
    3. in a very rural county. no official virus. medical tells patient "no virus here or in this 3 county area. on same day. non medical tells me "virus in county to south of us. that person's spouse works in our county seat biggest official facility. yes, i'm pretty sure we have virus here."
    4. school principal and wife have virus. he's on oxygen. she's in hospital bed ventilated. hmm. i wonder how long he was at school just feeling puny before he left school.

whew! increasing our prayer time, increasing our stay at home time. we use a post office box. yesterday, i wiped door handle as i walked in. a couple of other folks looked at me with a surprised look on their face, as i did so. i held door for long time friend, who's getting pretty old. he appreciated it... he didn't look so healthy i realized as we greeted and walked past each other.

just recently another source using national official report said there were no reports in georgia... this was fairly recent.
    Whoever told you there is no cases in GA is FOS..... 287 as of the John Hopkins tracker just now.

I started writing the #'s down on my big dry erase near my desk on the 9th.

USA- on the 9th had 566
    Last night (19th) just ten days later we had 13,159

Georgia on the 10th had 17th
    Georgia as of the 19th had 287

EXPECT another big jump in numbers as testing really gets started more.

We are not even mid way through the first quarter of the game IMO.