JRH Products
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The question now is when?

Numbers going up like mad the last few days- "official" numbers so probably "officially" BS.

When?

When are you going to start restricting your goings out in public?

At one point do you shut the gate lock it and say no more contact at all for X amount of time?

Timing. With this issue it's critical. Most people miss on timing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

i deleted two posts... both related to our personal responsibilities/obligations. long list of factors.

at some point do we "lock the gate" ? yes.

watching.

correct. we will probably "miss on timing"

Administrator
    Watching for the first case closer to home. In the meantime, since I only go to a couple of places, I'll just carry on with my normal limited activity. If it starts to hit home, I'll lock the doors and stay on my own property. I'll be watching very closely...but I need a haircut, so out I go.

This is something that is going to be different for everyone. For example I'm in my 40's, relatively good health. If I was 65, had some lingering respiratory issues, etc. than I would be more cautious.

It's something worth discussing with your family now and set YOUR OWN trigger point. For example- 50 total cases in our state or 1 local case.

Trigger points are important because it gives you a hard line to where you set plans in motion and/or take additional steps.

Without them, people waffle. And if human psychology shows anything it's that people will RATIONALIZE a bad situation until the time for action versus REACTION is too late.

Social distancing. We have talked about this before. The southern charm get in your face BS needs to end if your prone to do that. Talk from a distance, don't get up in people's grills, etc. You don't have to play the social butterfly if you see sickly old Mrs. Chester in Walmart. Wave from a distance and keep moving.

"Boomer boogaloo" rules apply for any movement in stores- stick and move, avoid standing around or moving through the known crowded areas like where people get carts and stand there for 5 seconds like deer in headlights trying to remember what they are there for, or picking out their favorite cart or the old folks standing in the way gossiping with six other gray beards.

EVERYONE is a potential vector now. It's not just about avoiding Mrs. Smith who just got back from her world wind tour of China and Italy... The crap is here, now and spreading here now.

Adjust...

Tough question:
    As Remus said tonight on "The Woodpile report":

If the action doesn't get you, the reaction will.
    No one can know the severity and consequences of this epidemic until it's over.

The present reaction may be needlessly excessive, pathetically inadequate or wise and prudent.
    We can't know now what will be self-evident in hindsight.

We do know we're being misled, kept in the dark and lied to by lunatics with credentials.
    We just don't know which ones are the lunatics.

Wish I had an answer for the group.

But.... we do have a good strong chain and Mil Padlock for the steel gate.

Blog Entries
    We already started distancing.
    Stayed home last weekend, worked in the gardens instead.
    Had plans for a concert ( date night with wife) we both agreed, that we may go camping instead.
    The household had the " no shaking hands,hugging, standing close to, avoid anyone coughing. Wash,wash,sanitize your hands..."

My job is what my weak spot is.

And the kid at school.

We have to contact the school today anyway.
    A friend of our daughters was asking about the virus, as her dad told her stuff. My kid repeated what we talked about " wash your hands,dont stand to close to anyone etc."
    A second girl ,who causes trouble corned my kid against the wall and got in her face huffing and puffing.

I told my kid i have zero issues with you defending yourself. She was upset and said she wanted to kick her butt lol. She's 14 now and we are not sugar coating this event for her.
    The school is being told the same. That we see that as a direct physical attack and it wont be tolerated.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

we stopped at grocery store yesterday.
    picked up half a buggy.
    an engineer we'd known for 25 years but not seen in a few years walked up. he glanced in our buggy
    "hey, you don't have anything in your buggy in case you have to stay locked in for a couple of weeks."

he was right.
    then he looked at me and seriously said. " this thing in the stock market could get serious." i didn't know what he was talking about.
    we'd spent the day on the road.
    the stock market added to virus had gotten his attention.

Yep, Dow was down 2,000 points yesterday. The "circuit breakers" were tripped. I.e, the "please slow down the crash" trigger was pulled.

If I had to guess, I would say we end up under 20,000 within a few months.

I got some great deals on oil and MLP stocks that pay great dividends. Some were back up $2. a share during the day. This is long term retirement funds, not "SHTF" preps- those are pretty well covered. Basically putting in stupid cheap low buy prices and if they get picked up they do, if not oh well. Building dividend income.

Saudis and Russia starting an oil price war, I doubt it's over. Russia said the other day they could go a decade at $20. a barrel. Putin also was smart to close borders quickly, not playing this "we are the world" liberal BS that we have/are still doing here.

Fulton County (Atlanta area) skewls closed down early yesterday and are supposedly closed today due to a teacher found with COVID.

Draw those lines folks, write them down and don't waiver!

Administrator
    Our 401K is taking a brutal beating but we're going to ride it out. Husband bought more oil stocks today - good time to invest as the demand decrease isn't going to last for too long. I'm filling up my tank tomorrow while the low price ($1.99) isn't going to last long either! 'Bout 4 gallons should do it.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Numbers are climbing...doubled again March 9th (704 cases) to March 12th (1697). This trend has been occurring since the beginning of March. If this continues at this pace we will have 13,000 plus by March 21st or so, and over 50,000 by the end of March. So, has anyone thought of a complete shutdown of the US? There have been other countries that have done this...Italy for one. Are you prepared if the US gov says no airplanes, buses, trains or interstate travel for 8 weeks? Basically limited local travel, and all businesses are closed. Thoughts?

I mean, if predictions like this is what our officials are looking at and making decisions on, when would they impose a quarantine? https://news.yahoo.com/150-million-a...185632345.html
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!