JRH Products
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is a tangent, sort of, but not really.
    It's regarding the yahoo link above but really relates to my frustration of who in hades I can trust for information that's called news.
    Yahoo and MSNBC are two I try to avoid.
    Example, the article above was written by Issam AHMED who writes for American Free Press who as I recall is owned by the washington post who is Bezos AFIK.
    Then there's Reuters and UPI bought and run by AP who is owned by the Times of London. And as far as I recall the Times is owned by Rothschild.

I can mention Washington Post started up and owns AXIOS and News.Trust.org.
    Too many single entities operating hidden under many other organizational names but still the same one organization.
    Bloomberg is a good example of this.
    Oh, and Drudgereport was sold over a year ago to some hidden outfit and Matt is no longer involved and it shows.
    SO

My frustration is who to go to that I have trust in their reporting and your thoughts/guidance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

And I admit to a frustration because the names of too many of the "authors/co-authors" of many articles in many publications sound to me like islamic names and that doesn't sit well.

10 years ago, most reporters names were heavily euro-centric but not now.

Sorry about the tangent/rant but I look forward to others views.

Oh, and I will not be surprised to see a full CONUS lockdown for 2 months or perhaps more.

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    I am still calling this whole thing mass hysteria and utter bull****.

Thanks Mann, it's appreciated.
    I'm up in the air about it as well.
    The entire thing has a deep down "WRONG" feel to it.

I do anticipate there will be a severe economic impact as a result.
    That part seriously concerns me as it could be combined with a potential foreign attack of some sort while we're dis-organized and weak.

I'm very glad I voted with my wallet and bought more ammo.

Live long and prosper my friend.

As an afterthought. I ran across this article on the Flu which felt like a hundred more I'd read today and it sounded horrible.
    https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...ans-are-dying/

UNTIL
    you look and realize it's about the H3N2 flu and was written Jan 2018.
    Too much is feeling wrong about this meme of "we're all gonna die.".

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    We should be more concerned about the chaos in the supply chain than we are about the medical issues. Hysteria and panic will kill small businesses and disrupt logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    We should be more concerned about the chaos in the supply chain than we are about the medical issues. Hysteria and panic will kill small businesses and disrupt logistics.

definitely agree with this. As almost all of us are up to speed with preps and can eat for a long time without going to the store, the real issue is protecting what we have. If you do feel the need to be charitable...Do it anonymously.

Good thought Mann
    I fully concur!

Administrator
    The only place I need to go is the gas station and grocery, and I already topped off my tank and my food stores, so I need to go nowhere. At worst, I would need to go to the grocery store (Walmart pickup) every 2-3 weeks for fresh items. If I can score some Parmalat on my next trip I would only need to go when we run out of groceries, which could be months from now. With the store 2 miles away and my car getting 45-50 mpg, I won't need gas for a while either.

My daughter's business was closed by NYS today and she was in a temporary panic. Fortunately, she has some resources available to hold her over until she gets unemployment or whatever. Others are not so fortunate, but members of my family were brought up to store and conserve. I hate that this country is accumulating massive debt in the process of the Wuhan virus pandemic, but we can dig out of it.

If we start seeing exponential growth of infections, I would not be surprised to see a mandatory quarantine. We have decided to impose one on ourselves. International travelers should be forced into quarantine and not depended to do it "on their honor". We've already seen how that worked!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    I am sick at heart for all the businesses that have been closed, and all the people who aren't prepared to live through a crisis situation. Businesses that depend on overseas goods are going to wait weeks, if not months, for resupply. It appears to be a no-win situation. Thanks China...

My daughter loaded up her mega freezer, since she's one of those out of work for now and will need to be home with her daughter, whose school is shut down. On the plus side, she won't need to be filling up her gas tank twice a week.

Administrator
    After today's grocery pickup, we're in for the foreseeable future.