JRH Products

cancellations... state camping group spring rally cancelled. and quarantine areas

the good sam camping group for the state of georgia has a spring rally and 100s of campers show up for 3 to 5 days in march.
    the group has cancelled the group rally yesterday because of individuals cancelling their reservation and also general concern for health of attendees.
    average age of this group is over 60.

during discussion on this topic, one individual was looking for another spot to spend a few days to camp as he was all prepped to go.
    he called a small campground to check availability and details. the following is rumor. campground manager shared the following

wherever you go make sure you get a reservation. we have heard that the gov't is looking for a place to bring park camping trailers (think group of trailers used after a hurricance) to use that area for quarantine purposes for virus.

Manufacturer of Hater-Aide Mannlicher's Avatar
    Probably will be necessary to cancel damn near every thing for awhile.

Administrator
    State campgrounds in FL are all closing for overnight use. Full-time RVers are in a pickle with reservations being cancelled/refunded and no S&B to return to. I am expecting FL to mandate "stay at home" if the number of cases statewide explodes. My daughter in upstate NY says everything is pretty locked down and "stay at home" has been mandated. She's off to stay with her oldest son and his family for the time being. It will give her something to do, chasing after her 4 grandkids instead of rattling around in her huge house all by herself!

i started this week at a large campground with a few friends... i came home early... some stuff going on.

just heard from one of the fellows that stayed.. campground is honoring folks on current reservations. but not accepting new reservations. closing.

Administrator
    Oh, what the heck...we're going to go camp in the backyard for a few days since we can't take the motorhome anywhere. It'll be a good trial run without burning up much gas or propane. We can make sure the fridge is going to stay cold (we know it gets cold), and the A/C will run well when in ongoing use for a few days. We're both getting bored, as you can probably tell