JRH Products
    Site supporter and beta tester

Wondering about how long my long term food preps will last

Maybe I can get some guidance on this. I have been involved in prepping for over ten years and some of my food preps are hitting that milestone- dried goods commercially stored in #10 cans and in Mylar bags with O2 packs stored in sealed buckets.

I do rotate through use but I guess I don't eat fast enough, lol. I know my beans are fine, I have to prepare them in the pressure cooker but they soften up and taste just fine but I'm curious about the other stuff like pastas and grains, oats. I haven't gotten into those cans yet.

Any thoughts?
    Brokedownbiker

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Gov't, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin
    Sam Adams

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

stuff like pastas and grains, oats. I haven't gotten into those cans yet.
    Should be fine. Check dairy and any "mixes" that contain baking POWDER- i.e, pancake mix, any cookie type mixes, etc. Toss it if it has baking powder even if it hasn't bulged YET.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Site supporter and beta tester
    Yeah, dairy and mixes were a problem. I ended up tossing most all of them due to bulged cans and, in the case of dairy, just plain didn't trust it this far past its packaging dates. I was able to refill stock before things got crazy so I can make pancakes and skim milk for the foreseeable future, lol.

Thanks for the input Lowdown!
    Brokedownbiker

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Gov't, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin
    Sam Adams

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams