JRH Products
    Site supporter and beta tester

Upcoming Congressional money give-away

I read that the Gov't. is getting ready to send out check to offset the economic impact of the Apocalypse Bug. First reports said that it would go out to every adult and would be from $1000-1200.
    Today I just read on another board that they are only sending it to those that filed a tax return with certain minimum income (i.e. working people). I'm wondering how that is going to set with all the "non-working" public.
    I'm thinking that there might be some "unrest" among major metro areas with sizeable populations that live on gov't. checks. It will probably mean that retirees and those on Social Security won't be included in the "free" money.
    I know this is just "what if" right now and the details aren't set in stone yet but it might be worth talking about and thinking about your personal security situation, just in case.

Thoughts?
    Brokedownbiker

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Gov't, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin
    Sam Adams

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

how will it set with the non working... non tax paying folks?

tis would be best they keeps da mouth shut and behave... da alreddy giddin huge payouts evedy munth.
    and i vote we stop dat.

I agree but I somehow doubt that they will use good judgement and do the right thing. More likely that they will do what they always do when they get upset.... riot, loot, and generally tear up their own neighborhoods, forcing first responders to put themselves at risk bringing it under control, then scream at the "injustice" of their "situation".

If past history is any guide, that will cause the Demokrats to bend over backwards to back them up and rush to extend the measure to give more free stuff to them. Not like it hasn't happened before...
    Brokedownbiker

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Gov't, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin
    Sam Adams

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

Administrator
    People who live on govt largesse will continue to get their checks and I'm not in favor of rewarding them for failing to work. Could everyone use extra money? Of course, but we are amassing huge debt that I'm not in favor of.

Here's where I see an issue. Supposedly they will base the checks on 2018 tax returns (read 2017 work year?). That leaves people who joined the workforce in 2019 adrift, and those are likely a lot of lower income workers who could use the help. I'm retired now and my husband is still technically working but off on disability awaiting surgery. We still have income and resources.

What about people who divorced but filed a joint return for 2018? Who gets the check? It doesn't affect me but does affect people I know.

Both of our sons are in the food service industry. One is a restaurant manager and the other a restaurant owner. Both are still working and the former son got a raise for continuing to work to serve takeout customers. The latter has seen the bulk of his business dry up as he can only serve curbside. He could use a shot in the arm.

As for security, my husband asked me if I needed to get more ammo. I just laughed and gave him another box of 9mm. Someday I'll show him what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    As for security, my husband asked me if I needed to get more ammo. I just laughed and gave him another box of 9mm. Someday I'll show him what we have.
    Lol, now THAT is good OPSEC- can't tell what you don't know! Love it!

Yep, I see a lot of flaws in their plan but, being retired, I'm not likely to see any of it anyway. I'm just concerned for friends and family that live in big metro areas; close friends recently bought a house in a
    "up and coming neighborhood" (it is in a neighborhood that recently gentry-fied and borders on the worst part of the ghetto, but they couldn't be talked out of it). All I can do is keep in touch with them and pray for their safety. Both are shooters and are reasonably prepared food- and supplies-wise; not going to be a big help if they can't evacuate but at least they can try.

After another week or so of the restrictions will see most urban folks with empty shelves and no money and I worry that we will start seeing situations similar to L.A. during the Rodney King riots and looting.
    Brokedownbiker

Sam Adams

John Adams

Administrator
    Lol, now THAT is good OPSEC- can't tell what you don't know! Love it!
    I've converted him from 95% liberal to 95% conservative. Waiting for that last 5% to kick in! Since he's going to be retiring soon, I'll make him my designated firearm cleaner. Then he can find out one at a time...

Administrator
    At the rate Congress is going, the crisis will be over before they agree on anything. I'm not in favor of going trillions more in debt but I have great empathy for people who are out of work due to closures of businesses and/or schools. I also have great love for the businesses that employ all of these people (I was really poor and without resources in my early 20's and I can imagine the desperation).

Once the crisis passes, Congress can go back and just provide funds for people who were out of work and loans to businesses to regroup. No green new deal, no union goodies, no PPFA money, none of the radical left's agenda items. Off soapbox now

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard the CONgress is looking at a $6 Trillion uh...bailout/giveaway That is 6,000,000,000,000 That is a LOT of zeros following that little number 6
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Someday I'll show him what we have.
    Sherry be like- "let me show you something in the backyard sweetie.."

hole.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."