JRH Products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Five threats to US food supply" article

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/49...-supply-chains

Cascading effects. Who saw that coming?

Wonder where all the "all you need is 2 weeks of food" new preppers are now??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Our food supply chain is very fragile. I can't think of too many things that we consume or use on a day to day basis that at some point in production to consumption did not depend on fossil fuel. Cargo ships, trains, trucks all need it, so do farm tractors and heaters in chicken houses to name a very few. That is a link most take for granted, especially the tree huggers. That plus the 5 things in the article is something that most people have never considered. Most folks have two days of groceries in the house, most stores have very little more than that because the depend on JIT supply systems. I have been surprised that the local Mexican communities have not been hit hard with the Chinese virus. They live and work close together. But as my wife pointed out, they are tough folks used to tough times.

As the Sage of the Rock River said, "what if??"

sometimes, regretably, we get to see a what if play out...
    hopefully, we planned for it.
    hopefully, we learn how to prep for it in the future...

it seems unbelievable that a virus could have all these unexpected results
    it is believable as we watch it happen.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/news/49...-supply-chains

Cascading effects. Who saw that coming?

Wonder where all the "all you need is 2 weeks of food" new preppers are now??
    If I was a new prepper, I'd take every penny I could get my hands on and buy long-term and short-term storage food and supplies. You can't depend on what you need being in the grocery or big box stores!

I still buy groceries every week, mostly milk, meat, coffee, cheese (I use a ton), and vegetables. Do I need to? Not necessarily, but I don't want to deplete my long-term storage, so I replace whatever I've used. My winter garden is done, and the spring garden is growing but not producing anything that's ready to eat, so I buy fresh produce. I also have a fair amount (the whole bottom basket of my upright freezer) of vacuum-sealed leftovers that I'm integrating into our weekly meal plan, plus we have a "leftover" night every few days to try and keep leftovers out of the freezer. I wish I had room for another freezer. If the supply chain dries up, we can easily make it for months, not weeks, without having to buy anything to eat. I'd prefer not to have to deal with that. We also have a fully stocked motorhome (staples, not fresh food) and a good well. All of the gas can are getting refilled tomorrow (since I got stabilizer today) so we can run the generators for a long time. I don't eat rice, potatoes, pasta, beans, etc. but I have them as part of my long-term storage, along with some MREs which I found packed away but still good. If need be, I'd eat them. Until then, I'll continue hitting up the grocery store every week.

Again,,,Deja vu
    JOHN GALT......I WILL STOP THE MOTOR OF THE WORLD!

Farm families have always planned on a year or two of bad crops and been prepared.
    We, here, MUST BE related to those folks.

SRI, I had to stick this in here.
    I watch this from time to time and laugh my buttola off. It's hilarious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8sxgXLguqI&t=19s

Liberal Preppers.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    SRI, I had to stick this in here.
    I watch this from time to time and laugh my buttola off. It's hilarious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8sxgXLguqI&t=19s

Liberal Preppers.
    That was hysterical😂😂😂

Best out of the whole thing.

She says: Maybe when it's all over, there won't be conservatives and liberals,,there will just be people.

Reply: yes, and dead liberals.

LMAO. I grin big everytime I watch that.

Dang if'n it ain't true.

Ya know?
    About this food supply falling apart and the virus and the oil crash and millions of migrants starving to death in India and businesses, large and small failing and many will be gone permanently and the USG magically pulling trillions of $$$ out of their taxpayers buttola, giving $$$ to everybody and in most countries (including parts of America) people being ordered to stay home, ticketed or arrested or given ungodly huge fines for disobeying the .GOV and two hours a day of the NY governor being on TV and showing how stupid and clumsy he is and the US tests being based on the RT-PTR procedure to determine who has "the virus" even tho the developer (1986) of the RT-PTR specifically said it was not to be used for diagnosis and people in every country having the bejesus scared out of them on a 24/7 basis that they're gonna die if they don't OBEY and their cats and dogs can give the virus to them or they can give it to their cats or dogs and a whole wicker basket full of other stuff I didn't touch on.

When this started, I got scared but upon investigation, stopped being scared.

This entire America and Global thing simply stinks.
    Dunno why, I'm not part of the IN crowd. But I don't have to be to recognize the stink.

Senator Al Gore Sr. (NO, not his idiot kid) used to tell me over poker that he didn't have to be in DC to see it running in the gutters or hiding in some alley. He could tell by the stink that something was wrong in DC.

He also told me that nothing EVER happens in DC by accident. He was firm there were NEVER any accidents in DC.
    If something happened, it was planned and executed as per the plan.

This entire mess, world-wide, and especially here, stinks just like the Senator described to me.

Something is really, really wrong here and I don't know just what it is but it alone is scaring the h e l l out of me.

Bear in mind, I simply don't get scared. Flew too many hours in combat to do that ever.

BUT......I sure as heck am on a high level of condition yellow bordering (almost) on condition red.

D A MN that magician who says "Watch my right hand, watch my right hand, Oops Rube ! You didn't see what my left hand did. That's what the bad folks do with us ALL THE TIME.

Something is going on, it's not what we're told , and one thing I hate is being blindsided from left field.
    Blindsided is avoided by judicious use of OODA !

Commentary (or enlightenment) appreciated.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    prc-104....The stink really smells. I cannot even listen to the news, local or national, anymore due to the stink coming out of their pie holes.

So, now we have another study that shows there are a high number of people that have had this COVID-19. In fact, now Cuomo has come out and even said that the mortality rate is less than 1%, which puts it right about the same as the seasonal flu. Read it...it is a short read.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/new-...uomo-says.html

So a question to the readers here…why are we allowing our .gov (they have to know about this study and the others) to keep us on quarantine? Why not open all of America back up? If they keep us locked down, it goes back to the question I have been asking people; what nefarious reason is driving this event?

prc-104, I have passed condition yellow and hit orange waiting for red to pop up. Just cannot figure out what is their long term plan/goal here?
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!