JRH Products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Opening Up? What Are You Seeing?

I know some GA "non-essential" businesses reopened on Friday, and also some in TX. What is everyone seeing, if anything? I'm ready for a taste of normalcy, risk aside.

Rode into town after our (drive in) church service. Pastor said we will be back on regular schedule next Sunday. Went to Sonic for some greasy fast food, I love it. Didn't notice any eating places with dine in open, all still drive in and/or carry out. Been cutting my own hair so I didn't look for a barber shop. Or tattoo parlor for that matter but it is my understanding you can get a haircut and tat. I like my barber but I am still not sure if I want anybody that close to me just yet. Other than my wife and that is not anything we will discuss here.

Administrator
    I trimmed my own hair yesterday. My husband use his Wahl clippers to shorten his up. I could really use a real haircut, not one from a girl who can't see, trace, or cut a straight line!

In a small town not far from us we have noticed the last couple weeks these "parks closed till further notice" signs about every 20 yards around this park we drive by.
    So because you know the PARK IS CLOSED we have only been seeing small groups of 2-3 people here and there when we pass by.

Yesterday there was a group of about 30 people playing basketball. 5 more got out of a car that parked right next to yet another "parks closed till further notice" sign and were walking over to play ball also.

"Sorry folks, the park is closed, the Moose out front should have told ya!" Where is John Candy when we need him?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

staying away from town... except for lowe's for plywood and framing boards. average attendance. most folks have on masks... my better than average plastic gloves were shredded from the plywood...
    and
    sam's for some metal shelving units... i bought what looked good but in putting one unit together realized these things are pos. average attendance at sam's. i haven't seen it, but heard stories of folks lined up way into the parking lot waiting for their turn to enter.

dr's office called my wife to remind her of appt... she asked to postpone. office agreed, but really encouraged her to do internet screening and drive by blood test and interview with dr. over internet... hmm... they must have low billing this month... wife just postponed...

i've encouraged an associate (retired navy ) that both of us should put up some extra food, as this corona could turn into an economic and societal upheaval event.. he agrees with projections, but said.."hey, you go ahead and get some extra and if there's a problem, we'll just come to your house (you folks have probably heard this line in its various versions before!) and let you share with us!
    i again encouraged him... that we both needed to do something... and if he came to my house it would cut my supply budget in half.. he went to tell me that he was buying a widget at a great deal and finances are slow... i relayed to him that i would be expecting my kids and g'kids to eventually get here. associate had met them and commented (hey, you've got great kids! i'd get along great with them in an extended situation... sheeesh... he ain't catching on...
    he loves the to tell scripture stories..
    so i took the opportunity to tell him 2.
    1... the story about how noah's family stood at the gunwales of the big boat tossing line out to the folks swimming and hauling them into the boat.. to rescue them.. associate said hey, that ain't right. and i said "bingo" and i ain't throwing you know line! he suddenly understood. mostly.
    2... the story about how joseph and the heathen egyptians gave food/wheat to God's people and associate "yes, rr, see how God provided for His people... what a wonderful story." grinning... then i reminded associate the rest of the story. joseph "Traded" the wheat back to the people... for their livestock, their houses and their land and the people were still hungry.. so the egyptians made slaves of God's people... and i said. "associate, i have no desire to make you into a slave." he had this sad look but now really understood.

i'm concerned that a lot of good hard working conservative republican folks, still don't understand.

A very enlightening and philosophical post, RR. I love it when current events have already been sorted out in scripture.

Administrator
    i'm concerned that a lot of good hard working conservative republican folks, still don't understand.
    The biblical analogies are perfect! Some folks wouldn't understand because they didn't grow up in church. It's funny how applicable it all is to today.

We have neighbors who go to the store about every other day. Today they were complaining that our county wasn't giving everyone money like a neighboring county is. They both have retirement income/401Ks and just want a handout. We told them they don't need any free money (I don't have to mention their political affiliation). I hope they keep up with groceries since I'm not likely to be sharing. I did take some elderly neighbors half a keto blueberry upside-down cake since we'll never eat it all. That's different - in a pinch we could count on them for common defense.

I used to shop every few days before the Wuhan flu. Now I order groceries weekly. We only buy to replace what we use (plus bananas for my elderly neighbors who don't go out to the store), and I have plenty of backup - which I intend to keep for backup. I don't have any more room for "extra". I wish I did. Maybe tomorrow I'll rearrange the freezer to make a bit more room for something before I do another grocery order. There's probably something in there I'll never use anyway, like all those ice packs...and leftover turkey from 2 Thanksgivings ago, and some cauliflower pizza crust that's just plain nasty😉

When push comes to shove, yourself is the only one you can rely on. Make sure you're set!

Like 30secout.com says:

NO ONE IS COMING

IT'S UP TO US

Luv the hat with the picture of the Hughes MD-5. That's what I flew when I flew for them.

About right LOL

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

As you can probably tell from my prior posts,
    I am REALLY TIRED of this COVID ----WAG THE DOG movie we're living in.

Wag the Dog is the most descriptive statement of what I've seen this country do.

Who the heck quarantines healthy people?

1960's East Germany did but they were honest enough to actually call it

HOUSE ARREST.