JRH Products
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Give this to your friends with 30 second attention spans....
    http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=239102
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    As you can probably tell from my prior posts,
    I am REALLY TIRED of this COVID ----WAG THE DOG movie we're living in.

Wag the Dog is the most descriptive statement of what I've seen this country do.

Who the heck quarantines healthy people?

1960's East Germany did but they were honest enough to actually call it

HOUSE ARREST.
    I've had enough of it too - it's time to just get back to as normal as we possibly can. There is no reason I can see to keep businesses locked down in an effort to protect who? The elderly with conditions that make them susceptible to any kind of virus? People in nursing homes?

The hospitals are virtually empty and nothing in our health system is overtaxed. The only thing that's being taxed is my patience. I can't imagine what it's like to be a business owner being told to shutter your means of livelihood and just wait - for what? For the economy to collapse? For everyone to be broke so they couldn't afford to patronize you even if you were open?

On a cheery note, I did get the freezer cleaned out and reorganized and am going to add a few things that aren't completely overstocked. Beef is my target of the week.

How goes it in GA? Alabama appears to be gearing up to open everything.

georgia is slowly. slowly reopening in my rural section of the state.

what this has done is force a test on many folks. it makes it easy for folks to realize our systems and supply chains and gov't aren't as stable and wonderful as we thought.

maybe something simple..
    like sudden disappearance of an item. toilet paper, bread, or a certain building product. associate was helping, (hmm. actually ramrodding electrical project for me. i was the flunkie) he wanted to get product at electrical house to get quality. ok by me. he's ranting about poor quality we bought. he had not wanted to get any of that bad stuff from china. correctly. he was upset that after paying a high price, these parts were pitiful.. correct. then i found the china label. i advised him that the parts were made over in alabama.. not worth poop. made in cheena, alabama i explained, trying to add some levity.

or a service... i need building contractor to return... for a simple (for them) change. i can't find them. gone fishing i guess? i need a door from one part of metal building to another.. i can make an opening! but whew, it will be ugly and result in a loss of structural integrity, if i do it.

in our community, think "mayberry," the local filling station is the center of everything. they suddenly shut down for 2 weeks. now, business is down. i suspect they are losing money being open.

farmers are still producing product, but their usual customers. "processors" wholesalers, distributors are closed, so product is being destroyed... this has got to be a horrible disruption in weeks/months to come. that product won't be on the grocery shelves.

i have several associates that "cashed out" their retirements... no check from the company. money is in the hands of an investment adviser and whatever company/institution he or his company chooses. then associate takes a check/withdrawal periodically.. wow, these associates have been bragging in recent years.
    they aren't bragging now. several don't even realize what has happened to their accounts. they will soon.

Administrator
    Florida is set to slowly begin reopening on Monday - retail and restaurants, but not bars or barbers. 25% occupancy limit for now. The exception is the Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach counties, which are still very active for infections. Elective surgeries, golf courses, etc can reopen. It's too slow but at least it's a step in the right direction. It won't take more than 3 weeks to determine if there is a spike in new cases. My dentist called to let me know they can schedule my appt that should have happened in March...

Too many of our processing plants are foreign-owned, and this needs to change. Pay fair market value and Americanize ownership. New foreign takeover of US companies needs to be banned for the foreseeable future. Get China out regardless of the cost.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This opening is too slow, IMO, to save the economy. Many, many small businesses cannot survive on 25% occupancy, or waiting until "phase two" is phased in. Thirty million people have applied for unemployment and this is still increasing. So, if I have done my math correctly, taking just Florida numbers of known cases (33,193) and divide that by 21,000,000 people in Florida, that is 0.158% of the population. Now taking the known deaths in Florida (1218) divided by the 21,000,000 people, the number is 0.0058%. Now we are closing the entire state down and close to 2,000,000 people just in Florida have applied for unemployment. Now, I feel really bad for people that have lost their lives or those of a family/friend. However, how much longstanding damage are we doing? How many people will loose their life, either physically or emotionally in the years to come, because of what is being done because of this virus today?

Just a comparison, from the 2017 stats for vehicle crashes in Florida, there were over 3000 deaths and over 600,000 people involved, with over 20,000 left with incapacitating injuries....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    This opening is too slow, IMO, to save the economy. Many, many small businesses cannot survive on 25% occupancy, or waiting until "phase two" is phased in. Thirty million people have applied for unemployment and this is still increasing. So, if I have done my math correctly, taking just Florida numbers of known cases (33,193) and divide that by 21,000,000 people in Florida, that is 0.158% of the population. Now taking the known deaths in Florida (1218) divided by the 21,000,000 people, the number is 0.0058%. Now we are closing the entire state down and close to 2,000,000 people just in Florida have applied for unemployment. Now, I feel really bad for people that have lost their lives or those of a family/friend. However, how much longstanding damage are we doing? How many people will loose their life, either physically or emotionally in the years to come, because of what is being done because of this virus today?

Just a comparison, from the 2017 stats for vehicle crashes in Florida, there were over 3000 deaths and over 600,000 people involved, with over 20,000 left with incapacitating injuries....
    Seasonal flu rates are comparable or higher than what we've seen with the Wuhan flu in Florida, with most of the deaths being in southeast FL. It's all for nothing but the economy is being destroyed, people's livelihoods are being lost, and it will take a long time to recover unless we see a full reopening in the next few weeks. The peak is over, the healthcare system wasn't overtaxed; ergo, the primary reason for the shutdowns no longer exists.

We have things to do, so tomorrow it's off to Home Depot for some paint and other supplies. It's time for my husband to start "enjoying" his retirement!