JRH Products

SHTF waking up in hospital

A family member was in the hospital while Round #3 of 2020 fun began. Thankfully in a small town but never the less.

How many SHTF/TEOTWAWKI movies or shows start off with the main character waking up in the hospital and zombies have arose? Walking Dead, 28 Days later, probably others.

And most hospitals have a "no weapons" policy and signs and what not. Some might have security. Illness came out of the blue on a healthy, energetic person who gets a lot of exercise, eats well, etc. The phrase "it is what it is" came to mind.

The "know your exits" mantra comes to mind but also your alternate exits. An injured person who providers might feel shouldn't leave, may have to go out via alternate routes if trouble came. Alternate pick up points? Do you know how to do things like disconnecting an IV safely? You can't exact ask the nurse to do these things if you have to dip out without them knowing.

To be clear I'm talking about major SHTF hitting while in a hospital setting- not Jimbo waiting to go home early for a toot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Wife has stage 4 cancer. Got hospitalized 3 weeks ago with pneumonia (5 days). No visitors to the hospital allowed. Only if your wife is having a baby and they give you a badge if you the daddy. Thankfully she got out of there before the protesting etc started, but I already had made plans if I need to go get her. Luckily she was on the first floor. Only 30 patients in the whole hospital and 2 on her floor. Hospitals right now are on a skeleton crew as A LOT of Dr's and Nurse are furloughed. Best way to enter a hospital is through maintenance. For some reason those doors next to the dumpsters never stay closed or locked. (could be diff at your local hospitals). Once you are in the hospital wearing a set of scrubs and face-mask and you are pretty much NOT going to get stopped so long as you give off the right aura. Once in the room, keep the bathroom door open and when you hear a little knock on the door just pop up and hide in the shower in the bathroom. Hint: If you fall asleep in the chair...you will get caught. Although, I was able to stay there for 8 hours...twice. Only got kicked out twice, but the wife loved it. As for ways out...with so few people at the hospitals...it would be easy to walk right now...and to be honest...the people that are working wouldnt give a flip if you left. It would be once you got outside that you would have to find a your way home through rioters and looters that would be the problem. Literally as I typed this I got a phone call from her (she is at her followup appt) and there is fluid in her lungs again so they are gonna drain it so she might have to stay overnight again. My 17 yo drove her today so he might have to do a little sneaky sneak. He will love it.

That has been one of the things about the Gift from China that has really weighed on me. One co-worker lost her son-in-law in a motorcycle accident. Her daughter was hurt bad in it and is still in the hospital. TBI and broken bones. She has not been allowed to see her daughter even though her daughter is near death. Another co-worker was sent in for a possible heart attack and ended up going for quad bypass. He was scared, as I would have been, but was not allowed to even see his wife or son before or after surgery. Cannot hospitals practice aseptic technique to at least allow visits during serious illness?

Prayers for your wife Tarheelsman!

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

amen.
    and amen.