JRH Products

prices? going up or down

plywood 3/8 has been 13.83 at lowe's yesterday 14.6?

that's over 80 cents per sheet... i asked an employee that has helped me several times.. Hey, why's the plywood higher? he just shrugged, then answered " i don't know. they just said it was all the craziness going on. that's all they would say."

what have you seen?

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have seen slight increases in a lot of stuff, cannot remember the items exactly, as it has been over the last couple months. I just remember thinking, hmm...that seems to be a little higher in price than I remember?

But why wouldn't the prices go up? Businesses need to survive and have additional costs now with cleaning, hand sanitizers, masks for employees (and some for customers), less people allowed in the store at any given time, shorter business hours as some places were and maybe still are on curfew. I spoke to a woman that said it was costing her $750 per night to do COVID cleaning in her business (she has a large store). But think about that $750 x five days a week.....she has to make up that somewhere. She is in a manufacturing type business, not retail...however that cost gets passed onto the retailer.

I would not doubt that we will see an increase in health insurance soon, and maybe even a limit on anything COVID related. I would not even be surprised to see an increase in your health insurance if you are what they consider "higher risk to contact COVID", like over a certain BMI, have diabetes, have high blood pressure, etc.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    I have seen slight increases in a lot of stuff, cannot remember the items exactly, as it has been over the last couple months. I just remember thinking, hmm...that seems to be a little higher in price than I remember?

But why wouldn't the prices go up? Businesses need to survive and have additional costs now with cleaning, hand sanitizers, masks for employees (and some for customers), less people allowed in the store at any given time, shorter business hours as some places were and maybe still are on curfew. I spoke to a woman that said it was costing her $750 per night to do COVID cleaning in her business (she has a large store). But think about that $750 x five days a week.....she has to make up that somewhere. She is in a manufacturing type business, not retail...however that cost gets passed onto the retailer.

I would not doubt that we will see an increase in health insurance soon, and maybe even a limit on anything COVID related. I would not even be surprised to see an increase in your health insurance if you are what they consider "higher risk to contact COVID", like over a certain BMI, have diabetes, have high blood pressure, etc.
    I don't mind paying a bit more to help businesses cover extra costs due to COVID. I won't have to pay more for insurance unless they want to charge me more for my age (no comorbidities).

The food prices are definitely up, especially beef, so I just wait for sales and stock up. The biggest problem for me is the amount of items that are constantly "out of stock".

sheesh.
    today, i went for more plywood... lowe's is my preferred store. none! not even a price and an empty rack. so over to home depot...
    plenty but price on my 3/8 was 16.79 up 2$ saw an associate that i know... hey, whats with plywood pricing? his response.... "yeah, i know, all wood prices are up" as he shrugged his shoulders..

my bride is commenting on increasing food prices...