JRH Products
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where would you go and why?

Say at some point you had an opportunity to move from your current location.

Not leaving CONUS, but what other state(s) would you consider and why?

From both a survival standpoint as well as a semi retirement or change of scenery change of environment type standpoint.

Sell me your idea on where and why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

I like the area that I am in now, in the mountains. Itís cooler than southern Florigabama, away from large population centers, not likely to be a target during a WROL situation other than a few tweakers that could be easily taken care of. Some like-minded neighbors with some training; ex-LEO and ex-military. My only change would be a larger plot of land for a larger garden and a better source of water...during droughts the creek can get shallow.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like my place in TN. Up on a mountain, away from any really large cities. Most folks up there that are full time residents are good ole boys. My one lot has my cabin and backs up to a spring fed lake. Probably about 1/3 to 1/2 of places are vacation homes with people only being there a few weeks out of the year. My other lot up there is 10 minutes walking distance from cabin. Sits on the ridge of the mountain and the back property line is the Great Smoky Mountain National Park property line. That lot is 5 minutes away from another larger spring fed lake. Both lakes are stocked. There are only two roads that lead up and off the mountain and could be easily blocked with felling some trees or with vehicles. You would not be able to just drive around that road block due to the steep drop off or the mountain going up the other side. The road block would have to be moved. Other than those roads, anyone coming up that way would have to come thru the woods or be dropped by helicopter. I have gotten to be friends with the "guy to know" up there over the years and use his son and him for doing some work on my properties. He knows everything about what is going on and is in charge of the security up there until the deputies arrive. The locals know anyone that is not supposed to be up there and will call him before calling the deputies. This guy knows my background and I would be welcomed if TSHTF and if I would decide to head that way. Even with the COVID crap happening, I called him to ask what was happening. I was concerned that the stores would be completely closed and he replied "Don't worry about that brother, what you don't have at your cabin we can take care of for y'all. You won't go hungry." Being that I have owned that property for close to 15 years, I have hiked the area. I know where there are two springs/waterfalls that supply water year round..although some times they are just a small flow based on rain and snow. This area does not usually get a heavy snowfall, and will usually only get about 1"-2" at any one time. I have been up there in July where the high was 105 degrees (set a 100 year record), and other times in July the lows were in the 60's and high low 80's. I know things can grow as a lot of the full time people have gardens, I just haven't been there long enough at a time to start and follow thru. Wildlife is abundant up there, with deer, bear and even elk at times. From my property, Cades Cove is only 5 miles away if you know the trail to hike/travel on. Tennessee has no state income tax, but the sales tax is about 9% if I remember. Property taxes are low compared to Florida. I do not believe that TN is a state that taxes your retirement like some other states. The closest "large" city is less than 200,000 people and there would be a lot of easier places for those people to get to then where I am located.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    That's something we've been talking about. We like the NW SC, NE GA, SW NC area - foothills, something with a water source (stream, etc.) where we could get away from everyone. Land is important; I've been checking real estate but so far, I haven't found anything worth having that's under $300K. Still looking. It's important to be around "real" people that we can depend on, and vice versa, if/when TSHTF.

We have family in MT, but I don't think I'm up for those winters. Foothills winters are short and mild in comparison. When I lived in SC, I sometimes saw 1/4" of snow. The springs were long, summers short and hot, and the fall was beautiful. Gardening was a dream. I don't know how things have changed but I think everything I loved about it is probably different now.

There are some bargains in the hills. A friend recently looked at this place. 5.44 acres. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...6955710_zpid/? No need to go to NE GA. Most of FL is already here.
    Last edited by Bill Foster; 07-21-2020 at 08:25 PM.

a state with no or extremely low state income tax...especially for retired folks. florida and ga. qualify. i think tenn does too.

a little off track...
    we have friends who farm. prepping folks because it is their lifestyle... they have helped us a lot.
    years ago, they were helping us with a project, and my appreciation for them had really gone up. as we left their home, i told them. "if there is ever a situation where you would need to leave here, you are welcome to head for our place."
    their response was very nice and quick and sure. "thank you. but no. we have too much going on here. we would not leave." i then explained that in the event of a storm or rioting, or enemy army they may need to and i wanted them to know that they had an alternative. again, the farmer, with his wife agreeing let me know that they would not be taking us up on the offer because of their commitment to their home property... and it was clearly obvious that their commitment was huge. i suspect they had alternative locations already lined up, but just didn't want to discuss it with us. opsec.

as we look for alternative states, locales, for permanent residences or temporary alternatives, it would sure be nice for that new location to be a place where we already had known and trusted associates in the area.

example. another tenn. story. i have tennessee associates. several families live in one little valley. driving in, every homestead has livestock, barns, tractors, and it appears they have all lived their for a long time. when we visit, their conversation will involve relationships with their neighbors... such as, you can help us split wood. we are using the neighbors wood splitter this weekend. or we are moving the horses to neighbors pasture for a few weeks. etc... we stopped at a local restaurant on one trip... small diner with plate meals. it was clear to the locals that we "weren't from around here." it was fun watching the locals lean and whisper something like "hey, who is that?" referring to us. when we paid our bill, i asked, "i haven't been to uncle joes house in a several years... i think it's the third road up on the left. is that right?" some light grins showed up on faces of those that could hear us, and the cashier. folks began to nod their heads. yes we were foreigners, but joes real name was real unique. for me to use that name, they knew we had connections in the area... i liked it, liked it that the locals knew who belonged in that diner, and who was stranger danger.
    Last edited by rockriver; 07-22-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    There are some bargains in the hills. A friend recently looked at this place. 5.44 acres. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...6955710_zpid/? No need to go to NE GA. Most of FL is already here.
    I could go for that! Looks like a solid house and enough land to have a BIG garden and some chickens. I'll move my search little further north. Husband hates snow but he's retired so it's not like he has to go anywhere.

A lot of folks here from the Southeast- me too obviously So let's throw out a tiny bit far fetched scenario-

The talk of "reparations" continues. Joe Biden wins in a landslide due to vote rigging and the fact that I've always said most of Amerika is a bunch of dumbarses... The pushes for all the racists measures like "denouncing your white privilege" (let's face it, THAT is racist) and similar non sense continues in a rapidly accelerating pace. Then another future Cancer Cure inventor is shot during a peaceful interaction (read: fights with police) and is killed. More placards and pics of the new saint appear as they did with the home invader/drugged up floyd, and the riots and "peaceful" protests erupt again all over the nation. Useful idiots, in other words dumb white college kids show up in support. Antifa is there working the crowds like in June. A cop fires on a crowd. All hell breaks loose. Immediate calls to 'defund' the police are rushed through congress. It's called not enough. Someone brings in an old UN report from the 90's regarding how blacks should be given the old South for reparations. UN troops don't even enter the picture. Within days anyone "white" is rushed out of any office above janitor in all major cities in the South. It's the start of New Afrika.

Per their flags that show this and their own literature this encompasses most of the old "slave" states but particularly NC, SC, Georgia, TN, Alabama, most of MS.

At first it's just symbolic, and people laugh about it. A lot of old rednecks due the "I'd like to see them try it here" tough talk while oiling their shotgun (Governor Kemp commercial style). The left switches back to the slow game in their new "nation" and seeks first to put the whites at ease. It's just symbolic, it just makes them feel good, we are still here, we still have the piano.....

The left isn't stupid, they aren't putting people with names like Malcolm X Al Shahara in as mayor in these smaller towns. They install older blacks that are well know in the community. The riled up white rednecks say "oh the new mayor is Felonious Jones, he's a good black, he ain't one of those radicals" and use euphemisms like that to justify the situation and build their WANT to believe that it won't be that bad here, maybe Atlanta, Birmingham or Chattanooga but not here."

Some meth head white kid, probably a Lee Harvey McVeigh type patsy shoots up a black church that happens to be known for dealing easy with the whites in New Afrika and has been scorned by most of the more aggressive blacks. He is of course whacked out on drugs but is caught in the act after killing a large number of blacks in church. This becomes the rallying cry for disarmament of all whites in New Afrika aka "the New South" (heard that term already haven't you?).

It doesn't begin with house to house searches, no you ain't getting off that easy with a touch off situation. No it starts with a general 30 day turn in period. Pastors and preachers of all colors of the rainbow tell their people to "do the right thing" and "stop the violence." A few major sellout white preachers start likening the situation to the children of Israel being taken captive to Babylon. "It's because of our sins, we can atone by submitting." (something you are already seeing/hearing also) Sellout cuck ba$tards like baby Truett are promoted heavily on TV, radio, etc. both on secular TV and Christian media saying this is the right thing to do, that "God" wants you to do this.

At "womens" meetings at churches, women are advised to gather up their husbands firearms while he is at work and turn them in for the safety of all. Jesus saying "it is enough" when the disciples tell Him "Lord here is two swords" is adulterated to mean Jesus was saying no weapons. Over and over again churches push that we are "atoning" for our sins by submitting to these new edicts. Baby Truett shines more shoes, bows before more blacks and holds huge gatherings where whites do this publicly and then get a free greasy chicken sandwich.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Administrator
    There are plenty of older blacks in elected positions: Maxine Waters, Barbara Jackson Lee (why hasn't she removed Jackson from her name), James Clyburn, etc. They're no more moderate than Andrew Gillums, Keisha Bottoms, Laurie Lightfoot, etc. A lot of younger blacks are starting to wise up to the broken promises, but a lot more are doubling down on dumb. Where does it all go? I've already informed my better half that there will be no peaceful disarmament here. Grab a weapon or duck! I've lived for decades as a free woman and won't be surrendering my freedom at this point. Maybe y'all can erect a statue to those of us who resist tyranny.

For now, FL is a good state for 2A rights, but elections can change all of that. I'm of the opinion that, based on the number of gun purchases and CCW applications, that people are starting to understand that our protection is on our own shoulders. At least, I hope I'm reading it correctly. Still, central FL (Orlando area) is a liberal hell hole. If NY refugees don't leave their political beliefs behind, the whole state could go south. A good hurricane in Oregon might clean Portland out, but that's not going to happen. More likely, a hurricane will devastate areas already devastated by the virus and unemployment. Rebuilding will put people back to work but the cost to the victims would be enormous.

I have no answers to anything, but I can tell you that the current political climate, with unending protests and riots, has people rethinking their dedication to the Democrat party. Who really wants to be associated with BLM and Antifa violence? We keep reminding our more liberal neighbors that this is what they're voting for. This year is a turning point; the question is, does it turn left or right?

In the meantime, we are still searching for options elsewhere. I don't turn to the church for guidance; I turn to God and let Him guide my steps.

an article from atlanta the capital city of georgia. and one of the most prominent in the southeast...
    and i don't see any indication that the situation will get better.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/cops-2-teen...DNACKFG5PAZWQ/