JRH Products
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

UW Gear AR/AK Chest rig

Seems like its taken forever, but we are finally up and running and taking orders. Just wanted to show our Minuteman MK2 AK chest rig. Its specifically designed and **** with the prepared citizen in mind. It holds four 7.62x39 AK mags. It also has molle webbing on each side for adding some small pouches (I have a couple of Tactical Tailor ones on my personal rig). It works very well with everything from a small day/patrol pack to a 3 day pack or even a longer range pack.
    Instead of doing a long drawn out post, here are some pics and a short video. If anyone has any questions, please ask away and we'll try and answer them.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-04-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, can't view the vid right now though, so when and where do we order?
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

Here's our website.... www.UWGearinc.com Right now, we are still in the process of finishing it up. Email is the best way at the moment..... sales@uwgearinc.com

We also have a facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/UWGearInc#!/...01254896626898

Price is $105 plus shipping for a standard Coyote rig.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 10-27-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mssg. Sent to Gmail!
    Thanks again for creating something AK specific.
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

Ordered one !

First, I love that this was designed with the needs of the Prepared Citizen in mind. It appears the tuck tab flap closure should hold up very well.

Also, I like the H Harness, it does not look padded, and that is a good thing. Will allow use of a ruck or hydro carrier with separate shoulder straps if one desires.
    Last edited by snare; 10-22-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    "The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth." ~ H.L. Mencken

Hey Guys:

Like Hawkeye said we're finally up and running. As you can see, we are rolling out our AK, top flapped, chest rig first. We have been working on chest rig designs since '05, and this AK design since January, and I can truly say that this is the best rig we have ever come up with. A lot of research, thought, and much sewing went into this design. Hawkeye came up with the actual top flap design and I came up with the tuck tab closure. Together this gives you a unique closure and retention system that is butt-simple. It cannot rust out, break, or clog with mud. Unlike snaps, plastic hardware, or velcro. It is also silent to operate and quick to open and close. We think this is the best system for prepared citizens in rural or semi-rural, unsupported operations.

What does that mean? Well first, in a rural setting, you are closer to the land (quite literally!) than soldiers or police who for the most part are operating in urban terrain these days. I think the popularity of open-top designs is in direct relation to the type of terrain that most gov't units (be they military or police) are running around in. Also I think much competition mind-set has creeped into tactical training, so the stand-up, speed reload reigns supreme these days. Our thinking is that we will need something a little more robust to protect our mags in our enviornment. Secondly, unsupported means you don't get a new rig after each deployment, much less an on the spot replacement from supply. What we have must last a long time and be simple to repair.

So we have tried to make a rig that you can fight in quite effectively, but still will protect your mags in a harsh enviornment, and stand up to hard use. Kinda sounds like the rifle it was designed to work with.

Looking at what Hawkeye and Diz have contributed over the years I did not hesitate to purchase this...without having seen one and with no reviews of this new design.

When I do receive mine I will use it as hard as I can and give it a review. An honest, no BS review. Some may be able to tell from my posts here already, I do not BS. I am straightforward and put my money where my mouth is. I am a prepared citizen. This is an example of my thought process on the needs of a prepared citizen http://www.survivalandpreparednessfo...ll=1#post27841

And then I will review it again after further time and use. I will not hesitate to voice whether or not it meets my needs or those of prepared citizens. I will explain why and offer any suggestions I can.

Times are tough right now, to say I am a frugal prepper would be an understatement. I do not have money to waste. I research things thoroughly and spend money very carefully.

If you have some time, research "Diz gear' on m4carbine.net and see what the seemingly unanimous opinion is on the quality of gear the man produces and how many lament his stepping away from making gear (luckily for us this was temporary).

Also, the fact that both of these men have **** it clear that they have taken a hard, honest look at themselves and identify foremost as prepared citizens is no small thing. Designing and producing gear that meets the true needs of prepared citizens is honorable work and is sorely needed.

Their business plan, as far as I can tell, does not involve marketing to military and leo and then gladly making money off the citizen (and oftentimes thinking that prepared citizens are really just ridiculous...but hey let's make money while we can). They are upfront about they themselves being prepared citizens first and foremost (as even all current military and leo are, to be honest) and designing and making gear with us in mind, not just as an afterthought. I commend that and support that.

So here's to hoping that the gear is all that it can be and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    Kinda sounds like the rifle it was designed to work with.
    "The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth." ~ H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Their business plan, as far as I can tell, does not involve marketing to military and leo and then gladly making money off the citizen (and oftentimes thinking that prepared citizens are really just ridiculous...but hey let's make money while we can). They are upfront about they themselves being prepared citizens first and foremost (as even all current military and leo are, to be honest) and designing and making gear with us in mind, not just as an afterthought.
    That indeed is our plan. Thats not to say that the gear we design and make woudnt be suitable for military and/or leo use. Quite the contrary. But they are not the point of our focus when designing and testing our gear.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Received mine yesterday. Have not had a chance to "test" it, but I can say it looks to be well ****. The retention system is great. Easy to get to the mags, but yet secure enough to hold them when running. Fits my son who is 5'-11" and 165 and me who is 6'-1" and 200. Could adjust smaller or larger if needed. It is nice to have a rig that is not only dedicated to the AK but one that is dedicated to the Sheepdog.

Thanks Hawkeye and Diz for what appears to be a great product.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

We think you'll like it. Run it a little and tells us what you think. I gotta say, that MC looked good. Hawkeye did a good job.

Working on Snare's rig now in woodland digi.