JRH Products
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Yes I wish someone was still making them also. What is "crowd fund?"
    Crowd funding or crowdfunding (alternately crowd financing, equity crowdfunding, or hyper funding) describes the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their resources, usually via the Internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations.[1] Crowd funding is used in support of a wide variety of activities, including disaster relief, citizen journalism, support of artists by fans, political campaigns, startup company funding,[2] movie[3] or free software development, inventions development and scientific research.[4]
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

Thanks. Never heard that term before.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    https://www.radioshackdiy.com/projec...wn-geophone-50Ok got a couple of tidbits of info....The Cherokee National Forest is looking for a Seismic Intrusion Detection System see the request for info here:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

And here is a How to video on making a Geophone:

https://www.radioshackdiy.com/project-gallery/build-your-own-geophone-50

Found this on the net:

http://www.idsst.com/prodt.asp?proId=14&id=4
    Last edited by 610Alpha; 11-14-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Crowd fund" is when somebody says "Hey, I'll give $50 bucks to someone who writes code with X features, or fixes X bug with this Code" others will say "I'll match that!" The idea being, the more people that want the bug fixed, or code written, the bigger the pot, and the more likely someone will write code for it. Think bounty where the bounty grows based on how badly people want the crook caught.
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

Found this on the net:

http://www.idsst.com/prodt.asp?proId=14&id=4[/QUOTE]

I think that's the place I mentioned previously from Israel or Europe IIRC, they'll come in around $10,000. if it's the same place. That was the WHOLESALE cost they quoted me on an email quote....
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Meanwhile people send me bids for the ONE set I am able to find in a year, with a bid that is a lower price than what they sold for 20 years ago when they were abundantly available. And then I get these "I can't understand why I didn't win the bid" emails... LOL. Answer- cause someone who understands their true worth bid based on that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

We need a blushing face emoticon, I didn't know what they went for 20 years ago! lol

Sorry man.

Not at all and not even who I was referencing. Got one bid for $100. that I did not even respond to. Then that same person emailed me back with a "why didn't I win?" email with an accusatory tone after it was over. The hours of me combing through these, testing them, cleaning them up is worth more than $100. Hell I'd buy a COUPLE DOZEN more sets JUST FOR MY OWN USE at that price...

SI, the predecessor to Major Surplus, sold these units for $695. in the early 90's. We sold them cheaper BACK THEN (1990's) when I could and did buy them 20-50 at a time.

I have quite a pile of "spare parts" for these units due to the fact that 3/4's of the ones I find or buyback do not test out properly, that "junk pile" includes every one I've found online.... So to be honest, my "cost" in any particular set also involves the THREE P.O.S. sets I was told were "working great" but later would not test out.

I could personally use another couple units for various upcoming projects, so that's always another thing in the back of my mind- do you sell something SO SCARCE that has EVERYDAY USE TO YOU, or do you sell it with the possibility of it being years before you see another one and then pay more for it?

You know, CHINESE SKS'es, NIB were once $59.00 How much are they now? Know anyone that wants to sell one NIB for $59?

That's kinda the situation here....

Gold was also around $300. thirteen years ago. How much is that now?

Blog Entries
    I think there is possibility of doing a DIY version...I found some DIY Geophone kits that use leds to register signal strength. Granted they wouldn't be as good as the military version but...if there was only someone here on the forum that is really good with electronics hmm...hint hint qrprat. lol