JRH Products
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd love to see someone come up with a working unit remotely similar. Not to be a wet blanket, but I've heard "oh I KNOW I could build them" from DOZENS of guys that specialized in small electronics. Not a one succeeded to my knowledge. I even GAVE Dave at Martronics a unit in 1999 and he was going to figure a work around and build one... Come to think of it.... I should ask him for that one back!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 610Alpha View Post
    ...hint hint qrprat. lol
    Believe me I've looked into it, and haven't come up with anything usable yet. I'm still thinking about it though, it's at the top of my non-radio project list. If LD had a Broke sensor I could hack apart, I could move it to the top of the list...
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

Remind me and I'll bring you one at the FL campout in the spring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    I even GAVE Dave at Martronics a unit in 1999 and he was going to figure a work around and build one... Come to think of it.... I should ask him for that one back!!!
    Yeah you should ask for it back... lol

Oh I am sure you have heard it all on this subject. I just find it hard to believe that no one else can seem to figure out how to do it.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

What I was always told was that the probes were the tough part. You could literally drive nails with them, they are meant to be submerged in water for extended periods of time, etc. Referring to the PSR1A probes.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    Now that you said that I can see how that could pose a challenge.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

Contributing Member Nov 11
    But do we really need something "Military bullet proof"? Electronics have come a looong way since these
    were ****. Something encapsulated in epoxy or housed in PVC/aluminum should be more than good enough for the homestead.

Digital signals could give more than 4 sensors.

I recently come across an few sets and was wondering if you know how to store them properly, and where I might find an user manual.
    Thnx

My personal sets are stored with the batteries out, padded in ammo cans.

You didn't state whether you were talking about TRC3A's or PSR1A's but both type will fit in cans, you'll just need one of the bigger cans, like the 40mm cans for the PSR1A.

Manual for the PSR1A I might be able to help you with. Manual for the TRC3A, good luck. Having sold and shipped thousands of these over the first 10 years we've been in business, I saw a grand total of one manual for the TRC3A.

If you read this thread it's pretty much got all the set up instructions that you would find in the manual. Any further questions let me know and I'll try to help.

Thanks, I got the trc-3a , with og. Receivers . The issue I'm having now is I got 2 full set and only one head set, kinda no fun but at least they are all on same frequency.