JRH Products
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    rice,
    i read the citation.. got the wet stuff dripping down my cheek.
    Cutinha stood tall.
    real tall.
    "no greater love...."
    man, i understand why we'll miss you.
    stand tall.
    rr

Praise the Lord! God bless him and you for honoring him!

Folks, it's people like this that attend these and I'm honored to call guys like RPD my friend!
    Robert
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Veteran of Valor and all around awesome guy!
    Robert, Rockriver, thank you for your kind words.
    I will miss the coffee and fellowship. But there will be another time for that, the Good Lord willing.
    There is supposed to be print and TV coverage of the event, and I will bring my camera as well. Then i'll just have to find some 10 year old kid to show me how to upload the pictures.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 09-26-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the Fifth Infantry Division

Contributing Member Nov 11
    Rice... Sorry you won't be there BUT honor for a brother in arms is more important and a worthy cause.

May God bless our Military both serving, veterans and our fallen brothers. This should be a reminder that
    FREEdom is not free.

Maybe we get together for coffee some time for a meet and greet!

Thanks for putting the right things first!

Ron

My chances are getting better and better for this my friends!!! I have moved to the 80% gonna be there department. The only thing that can derail me now is the wife "trippin" or unforeseen circumstance

And the weather is getting perfect.

Question, should I bring some firewood for the campfire that rockriver will tell his famous tales at? I can add to the community pile.

Do we need to bring our own grills (small ones of course) or will any folks be willing to share? I can bring a small one and some charcoal that I will cook on and will share with whomever.

And, is beer cool or not cool? I am not a big or obnoxious drinker, but to have maybe a couple of good craft beers just to quench my thirst after a long day of getting slammed out and choked out by LD3.....lol

Who all is going to be there?
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

wise one!
    looking forward to meeting ya.

firewood : yes, if possible, we all should bring firewood. we've drug the deadfall up for a while.
    if someone doesn't have good access to a supply, i don't think they should buy any.

tales: as the night wears on, others will be telling/sharing/braggin/funnin/ to keep me from dragging up
    old tales and what ifs! (don't tell anyone, but we have got you down to explain in great and lengthy detail the
    benefits of an ar over the ak. you get battle stars if you express a preference for .... yeah.... Rockriver mfg. lol)

grills: i don't remember a park supplied grill. someone remind us if there were any park provided grills on a pole?? i remember folks bringing backpacking stoves, charcoal grills, cooking on the campfire, coleman style propane.

gonna be a good campout.
    Last edited by rockriver; 10-04-2012 at 09:39 PM.

In general we prefer no alcohol at these things (Park has mentioned previously that they look down upon this). Their is at least one, maybe two of those black metal free standing grill deals like you see at parks. I usually bring a grate if you want to cook over the fire also. Their is usually a smattering of dutch ovens in/near the fire but I know some of the folks bring standard camping type cook stoves also.

It's car camping so bring whatever you want to bring.

We should be good on wood. It's close enough for me to bring a truckload up first thing in the morning, then bring a little back with me on the return trip to stay around noon on Friday. That plus a little extra here and there usually gets us through. It don't have to be pretty, just has to burn. We encourage everyone to bring some if you got some!

Any specific recommendations/requests for classes from anyone?

Good deal, wanted to be respectful on the craft thing and ask.

I think we have some pine cut that I can bring. Hell, we got a whole pile of wood that needs splitting at my buddys, I will bring some just to get it out of his yard!

As for the classes, hey I am down for whatever. I just want to blend in, participate, learn and maybe give a different perspective on certain topics. The last 2 years this campout has been on my sons birthday weekend. It worked out perfect this year!
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

re: classes.
    at one point a solar demonstration was mentioned.. i'd really like to see that demo.
    --

OK, not sure if the two T105's I was going to bring to the event last year as part of this are still functioning, but I'll check them and if they are still functioning we can do that.

It will be a very simple setup- KC120 watt panel, C40 charge controller, batteries. Actually I have a DR1512 in the same metal medical box (Faraday cage) as well. It's my backup to the backup, so it will be good to test everything.

Just understand I'm NOT an electrician, I don't play one on TV and I did not stay at Holiday Inn Express last night. I can tell how we have lived with a solar system for 13 years now, how to maintain it, set up your battery bank, etc. etc. but I'm not an electrician.

I had totally forgotten about this, might be a good class.