JRH Products
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tech, some good ideas!
    cpt, another goodun.
    rmpl, lol, yep, most folks would agree with you. ! (oh yeah, living in a condo like so many do.. we surely can't have any implements laying around and a junked up yard.) however.. the folks in rawles Patriots sure used some of their dirty ole rusty junk for projects!! roflmao!

an associate was at a seminar where a lot of vendors had set up. I think he said he identified 2 guys from this board there...
    1 of them had a booth... the associate met one vendor that had some raw armor... still in larger pieces...
    associate talked with vendor several times.. on the last day. associate bought out vendors remaining pieces of material...
    this would be a good time to get them out and use them!

steel is just too heavy for any non commercial vehicle a 4x8 sheet of .375 or level 3 thickness ar500 is 500lbs. to properly armor youd be talking in the neighborhood of 1,000lbs Minimum closer to 1500. you could shave some weight by using.025 in the back and mount it at a strong angle as well as the front over the windshield but still that stuffs heavy. Maybe an older Diesel Suburban and WAY upgrade suspension, brakes, cooling, and drivetrain. You could step up to MIL-A46100 armored steel which is what the military uses. You could then back off to .25 thickness and still get level 3 protection. Mount it at a good angle and you could stop level 4 threats.. Cost goes up but weight goes down..

for those seriously interested I can order custom **** panels for vehicle armor kits in Silicon carbide and either Polyethylene or Twaron backer. Either level 3 or 4.. its not cheap but I guarantee I can beat any price out there on custom panels and they are HALF the weight of steel...

just for the record, me, I live in a condo.. and don't even have a truck, and no pile of rusty junk. we are not all neat and clean like some. don't even bathe but once a week. lol!! I just read about folks with gates and trucks and moats and all that other stuff you guys talk about. (I do have 3 days of food!)
    but,
    Just, i'm curious, how much? and how do you cut the panels you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    just for the record, me, I live in a condo.. and don't even have a truck, and no pile of rusty junk. we are not all neat and clean like some. don't even bathe but once a week. lol!! I just read about folks with gates and trucks and moats and all that other stuff you guys talk about. (I do have 3 days of food!)
    but,
    Just, i'm curious, how much? and how do you cut the panels you mention.
    i do not manufacture. The process is a series of interlocking silicon carbide discs (hexagon I believe) laminated to a ballistic material such as polyethylene, Dynema, Tawron. Think DKX poly armor like Robert has then add silicon carbide ceramic discs to the mix then cut to shape. If more complex bends are required then smaller discs are used and the soft armor is pressed into a mold.. as far as cost it really depends on coverage, protection level and shape of the panels. level 3 basic for the doors would run in the $1600-$2500 range as the shapes get more complex the price of course would go up.. unless you need a humvee armor kit.. those are pre **** and are fairly affordable.. LOL..

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    I think I will have to fall into the fantasy that once the doo-doo hits the fan, there may be already armored vehicles abandoned just for the taking... LOL!

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Seasoned
    I always wanted an M-3 Half Track manufactured by white... seriously.

Robert,
    I love it...
    I drove through a major army post yesterday... in one area you could easily see tanks, trucks, armored vehicles, etc...
    I just need to win the powerball!

I got on google and started looking this morning... one of the first things I saw was an article about military gear in afghan..
    army is destroying 2000 mraps that we paid about 1million a piece for, rather than bring them home...
    I think i'm not a happy person right now!

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    For $16k you can have this...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Humber-...m=262521084189

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

New update on Glass , They have a aluminum & ceramic mix that they mix and melt/cast into glass shapes. CLEAR as glass, 1.5 inchs stops a 50 BMG. Already started to put in aircraft windows. No mention of cost. But the u tube vid is great.