JRH Products
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ocala, FL campout December 6-8th

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...O&parkId=75399

This is the place. Directions can be found on that link above. If you the kind of person that pays no attention to street signs and basic directions, you WILL have trouble finding this place. However if you pay a small amount of attention while driving there, you ought not have any problems finding it. I used to give detailed directions, but quite a few never bothered to pay attention to them and then acted like I gave bad directions.... SOOOOO, get your directions from mapquest or google using the link above.

Dates are Dec 6-8th and were the only Friday thru Sun morning dates I was able to get yet this year.

Setup day is Friday any time after noon. Don't be "that guy" that shows up at 10am in the morning and complains that he can't get into the place.... Plan on leaving by mid morning on Sunday. Your welcome to arrive whenever you want AFTER NOON on Friday and stay for 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 days! Some folks come for the weekend, others for a day, others for a few hours.

We will offer a bunch of classes as normal and as always we are open to suggestions and volunteers for classes Classes are optional, informal so don't feel like you "have" to participate. Don't worry about "performance anxiety" or anything No one will put you on the spot. Seriously, this is a friendly environment and we always encourage people to try new skills at these. This is the place to try new gear, ask questions of helpful folks that have been doing this for a while and LEARN.

Your welcome to bring your family. Everyone at these loves kids, but keep them from burning themselves, stealing stuff, running amok or otherwise going Lord of the Flies and everything will be fine. LOL

It's a PRIMITIVE campsite, bring a tent and your own supplies. HOWEVER their are HOT SHOWERS and FLUSH TOILETS at this location. Although no one has ever availed themselves of it, their is a place for a SMALL RV or two there also. Plan on less than a 50 yard walk from parking to campsites.

Bring barter/trade items and it might behoove you to bring a couple bucks cash for trade/purchasing. These events usually have several people that bring a LOT in the way of gear.

Cost for the campout is just $20. for each family of four.

In the spirit of SELF RELIANCE and promoting the learning of skills (cooking in the field, etc) you will need to bring your own food. We have in the past had a dedicated group of 3 or 4 YOUNG men to cook breakfast from time to time but we will let them rest and enjoy themselves this go around. Their will be some firewood that I will bring but if you have any wood, feel free to bring it. This is about a six hour drive for me, so while I'll be able to bring some firewood, it won't be the truckload I usually bring over to the Douglas campout. So please bring wood if you have some to bring.

Now, for those that have never attended one of these-

What you won't find at one of these-
    *Very much conspiracy talk
    *Everyone acting like a ninja and going around all "tacticool" or dressed head to toe in BDU''s (we do NOT encourage that)
    *Open display or handling of real firearms. (Sometimes plastic "red guns" have been used for classes on disarming techniques, use of space, working angles, CQB related stuff)
    *Someone asking you personal questions- if someone does, let me know and I'll use them for choke demonstrations But seriously, we all respect each others privacy at these things, first names are fine. Call yourself Mickey Mouse for all I give a rip Opsec is in full effect. That means respect other people's OPSEC also! Don't be that guy."

What you WILL find at these-

*In general a pretty damn nice group of people.
    *Kids and women folk. Not always in great abundance, but they are there.
    *Chance to talk/hangout with like minded folks in person, meet others in your area.
    *Chance to learn various skill sets that people usually have to actually PAY good money for.
    *Chance to test your equipment/supplies in the field in a friendly environment where others are willing to help you.
    *Chance to checkout/test/see other people's gear, maybe some equipment you been interested in but wanted to see in person before buying.
    *A whole lot of people with ACTUAL REAL WORLD experience in preparing, versus what you sometimes find on the net.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    Cool! When will things open and shut on Friday and Sunday?
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

Gold Site supporter 2014- thank you!
    OK, that should be a good time.

Gold Site supporter 2014- thank you!
    Ok, that should be a good time.

It's on the calendar... Hopefully the snow will be there again this year...
    Salutations,
    Templar

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

There are very good reasons why we all are gathered here...

Less than a month to go...Who is willing to brave the frozen swamp? This camp, BTW , has had some superior bartertowns... Just sayin'...

Regards,
    Templar
    Salutations,
    Templar

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Less than a month away. Who's planning of braving the frozen swamp??? BTW, this camp has had some of the better bartertowns that I've seen...

Regards,
    Templar
    Salutations,
    Templar

I would really appreciate RSVP's on this one-

guderian308@hotmail.com
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

sending regrets..
    out of state relative is showing up.... we need to meet and talk.
    i'm the one that will miss out...
    yall have a big time. learn a lot.
    and I was wondering ... what if this fella had been prepping a little and got his ... ?

to anyone that hasn't been before... GO>.. this is a great facility and always a productive learning situation.

Blog Entries
    Ill be there barring any major issues.wife and kid unit may day trip it.gotta keep critters fed etc.
    Will be a bummer not having the what if king around.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!