JRH Products
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    We drove this one and when I attempted to shift the 4WD, it was like the linkage broke or something- the stick went loose and even FELL downwards. Then right after I couldn't put the car in ANY normal gear.

Serious problem or easy fix?
    LD3,
    Depending on year... The wranglers have a plastic bushing that fails with heat/age/abuse/etc. The part is designed to fail before breaking something else in the linkage/tranny/trans case. This bushing is on both ends of the linkage. One at shifter (trans or transfer case) end. One at tranny/transfer case itself. Its a 3.00 part that scares the crap out of people when they fail. I keep several extras in my jeep JIC. The failure happens just as you describe it. Its happened on my JK already. My buddys TJ has gone a few times, but he abuses it. I believe that was what you encountered. Several homebrew (trailside) fixes for this up to and including zip ties...LOL

Seasoned
    Had an 87' SR5 I bought new (my first ever new vehicle) That thing was the best 4x4 I ever owned, and this from a jeep guy.

Jeep.

Will trade you my 97 Jeep Wrangler for some store credit? 130,000 miles 6 cyl. 12k winch. Hardtop and bikini top. Bonus points for Grenade Stick Shift?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not makin fun of ya Tarheelsman, but you're a little fella ain't Ya?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL. That is me version 3.0! (My third kid). He is a mini me. Loves to shoot, workout, hike, canoe, etc. We were at 10 yards shooting ruger 22/45's and I was looking at the target stapled to the plywood and I knew he was shooting but I couldnt see the impacts on the targets. I stopped him and asked him what he was shooting at, and he had put 9mm brass on the top of the plywood and that is what he was shooting. My old eyes couldnt see the 9mm brass. 8 years old and 80 SOLID lbs. When we do a little rolling for fun, he gives my 12 year old all he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelsman71 View Post
    Will trade you my 97 Jeep Wrangler for some store credit? 130,000 miles 6 cyl. 12k winch. Hardtop and bikini top. Bonus points for Grenade Stick Shift?
    Grenade Stick shift !?! SOLD!!!

Shoot me an email, we'll talk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

I think one of several older 4wd found in the dry west , no rust etc Have rebuilt. any older mitsu/jeep/toy/ trooper/ or get a home **** dune buggy with low tech gear on it they still make all the old stuff but no one wants to make a 60 HP dune bug with a carb dis cap etc . everyone want elec hi tech hi HP hi breakdown loud junk on it. The only thing I would add to it would be a set of mat tracks and skis for the front. O also if you can find one a UNIMOG>

I presently have a 94 Jeep 4.0. It has about 275, bought it with a little over 160,ooo on it. Bought it for a 1000 and put 500 in it to pass inspection. The main problem was I had to replace the as tank.

It is rough riding but has been dependable for me.

What's up Eeyore? Good to see you brother!

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Just life getting in the way, I hope all is well with you and yours. So what did you decide on?