JRH Products

A little problem

Flies....

So we put off the AC as long as possible around here so the house is opened up some years well into the 95 degree days.

Flies get in from time to time. One seems to become six becomes 20.

Stupid things, little things- FLY SWATTER. You got one?

Flies create a lot of problems and some regions are prone to more of them than others. I remember in the long long ago in the before before time... being in the desert doing some medical training. Being young, dumb and well not used to such environments, I naturally had some adjustments. No toilet, was introduced to the 5 gallon bucket set up. They **** it very clear how to use it- remove lid of bucket, put toilet seat on (back before they had toilet seat/5 gallon bucket combos on the market, when done remove seat, put lid on tightly. SF docs **** it very clear to us- do NOT crap on the perimeter, you have to use the bucket setup. We will be put a blowgun dart in your butt if we see you out crapping any old place!

About day four I finally give in to my body's calling. I get over to the glorious bucket of old, and one of the Pakis has left the set up with the toilet seat on, and the bucket lid sitting over the toilet seat. And of course it's one of those toilet seats that's open in the front. Desert + smell of feces = about six million flies. And I really had to go....

Flies spread all kinds of nasties, got to have a reliable low tech way to deal with them. You can usually get that for around a $1.00 It's one of those "stupid little things" that you'll think "damn I wished I had thought of that."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    I got three...and a buddy as a gag gift got me the "bug a salt " gun. Think super soaker pump action..fill with salt. Instant salt shotgun . It works. Lol
    We get a yearly visit by flies in out place. Same time..every year for 1-2 days..drives me nuts ..the gun makes it fun lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Seasoned
    Had one of those electric zapper tenny racket looking fly swatters. worked good up too the point I miss placed it or it grew legs...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    Had one of those electric zapper tenny racket looking fly swatters. worked good up too the point I miss placed it or it grew legs...
    Aka I swatted the wife unit......which...from what I've been told....isn't wise.

There was a natural fly trap deal but I'm not brave enough. Iirc it's milk with vinegar in a bowl or such...it's been years. But I'd rather not deal with pickled milk lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Administrator
    A co-worker gave me two giant flyswatters as a gag gift, the purpose of which was to swat the smart alecks in the office. These make great real flyswatters to take care of the occasional flying demons that follow me in from the great outdoors. I think they are $1 are Dollar General.

No, but I did get one of thos electric fly swatters. So we added some batteries. Nothing.. told the old man to touch it... nothing. I was sad. But I had a great idea. Told the old man to lick his finger and touch it.. ZAP... omg.. it was so funny. Was laughing so hard I was crying.. The kids said they heard that down that all.. (his screaming like a girl)..
    Priceless.
    "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." Clint Smith