JRH Products
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Been noticing the $$$'s going up but haven't needed to buy any, thankfully.
    Have noticed the availability in addition to the $$$ is stretching for sure.

silver.... 22.94
    when did that happen... ?
    what caused the sudden jump?

the good news is, i've already posted that most of mine was bought near 20.

the bad news is... why? ok folks your neighbors didn't buy when it was $15...
    that was my story... i waited till it was 20. i'd put lol but it was not funny...

so, do you think your neighbors will jump in now at $23? time to go check some dealer pricing.

silver coins

https://www.apmex.com/product/196104...intdirect-tube

folks, i common way to get silver coins is eagles and the best way to get a deal imho is to buy a tube if you can stand the cash outgo.

lots of times you can check the cost of spot. then add a small percentage and get a good guess of what eagles will be...

hopefully the link above will work...
    the cheapest price if you buy a boat load is 660 per tube of 20...
    if my math is correct that is 33/coin...10$ premium over spot...

hmm... if you think this has gotten my attention you are right!
    i havent' checked price of brass and lead and copper recently...
    i wonder how they are doing...

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    silver.... 22.94
    when did that happen... ?
    what caused the sudden jump?

the good news is, i've already posted that most of mine was bought near 20.

the bad news is... why? ok folks your neighbors didn't buy when it was $15...
    that was my story... i waited till it was 20. i'd put lol but it was not funny...

so, do you think your neighbors will jump in now at $23? time to go check some dealer pricing.
    seems like it was only $17 a short time ago. A lot of people I read was saying that $18 was the breakthrough point and when it breaks that there will be a bit of a run. I wonder where the next glass ceiling is????
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

sheesh, sheesh,
    what is going on??? my wagon's been loaded recently and silver has jumped to 26? gold 2031!

any body care to explain... my main thought is both are sometimes indicators of folks being scared..

My best SWAG is give it 10 to 12 more days of little ups and downs but if it doesn't go back down by then, it'll likely go higher.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    been watching both as well...silver sitting at $28.28 and gold at $2057 now...

I think both are being bought by people and countries, which brings supply and demand into play I guess...I will be watching close and let it play out for a bit, but I may sell some at some point....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

i had some highway time today... called 2 folks... a coin civilian but active. primarily buying.. officer in coin club. and a retired large bank officer..
    coin civilian... at monthly club meeting a new member bought 20 eagles and paid over a 1000... that's 50+ per eagle...! he recommends buying at all price levels... several new members in the club... lots of interest compared to a year ago...

bank officer... gov't is printing money, as fast as they can... injecting money into the country at every opportunity... trying to boost spending and keep the populace happy... and fed... most of rioters are collecting nice big fat checks every week. need to devalue money supply to offset crazy high deficit spending... using cheap money to pay off old debts...

Maybe some folks that bought at high prices back in the 2010-11'ish range will finally be able to off load their investments that aren't called investments when price is down soon.

Precious metals guys- "Buy silver at $38. it's only going higher."

Regular guy- "Hey my silver is under $15. for years, my investment is well under half value."

PM guys- "well you see it's not an "investment" it's a "hedge against inflation."

Regular guy- "Well it's not hedging"

Decade later-
    Precious metals guy- "My INVESTMENT in silver at $20. is now over $28. my investment produced well"

Regular guy- "But when it was down in price it wasn't an "investment", now it is?

Precious metals guy- "Gold will go to $5,000. and silver to $100. soon... soon....soon.....soon... " Ooops, the record was skipping again!

Given most people's time frames, PM's remain a horrible investment over the long term. It seems like a honey trap right now- AS IT DID FOR MANY IN 2008-2011 time period. Be careful.

If anything, you want to sell any PM's you've been upside down in for the last DECADE after the last precious metals marketing bonanza of "the dollar isn't going to be worth anything", The dow is going to zero" and "Gold is going to $5000. and silver to $100."

Folks, it's the same sad marketing song I've heard for 35 years.

I would be selling now, small amounts at a time. Plug holes in other preps, pay off debts.

Buying an ounce of silver right now at $33. an ounce after premium is a little cray cray in my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Best advice I ever got in the last 50 years was this.

Get your gold and silver at the right price.
    Be very very patient since it's a long, long, long, long term investment.
    Eventually, when it doubles in price, then you sell half.
    You have your gold and silver free and clear and your original investment back.
    Start investing when the next bottom feels correct.
    Wait for the next inflation fired thing which might be 10 or 15 years.
    and do it over again.
    Never, never be an in and out person.

Remember, the combination is:
    Ammo,
    PM's ie: Au, AG
    Land

No more land being ****.
    Effectively only so much AU & AG
    Lots of ammo around ........until there isn't.

The above is all LONG TERM ADVICE.
    In the meantime, assure all of your daily short term needs are/will be met.
    Last edited by prc-104; 08-08-2020 at 07:08 PM.