JRH Products
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    So shot show, IBS, and AEBN events all in Las Vegas. Have to think there might have been a lot of DNA fluids being exchanged out there with that many people in those events. I do IT in the Construction market so we had quite a few marketing yahoos out in Vegas that came back to work today. I might have to take my show on the road and work from home some this week. Dont want to catch Kung Flu! Surprised that China isnt telling the whole truth. They are usually so forthcoming.

Yeah I just got back from Shot and did seem to pick up the flu there, hopefully not the Chinese version.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Hope you feel better soon and it is just the garden variety version. Watched a video of a person on a gurney convulsing and shaking like crazy and that AINT the way I want to go out.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LD3...hope you get better soon...drink fluids, take deep breaths to expand the lungs, and Tylenol/Advil for fevers....but you know all of that...so I am preaching to the choir....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been a travel ban imposed to keep Americans from going to China and bringing something nasty home to share...but business likely is the priority. Same with Mexico, for that matter. How many more murders will it take? Me, I just go to the grocery store and come home to mind my own business!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wwdnet...I know you know this, but I will post it for visitors that may not know this.

With this coronavirus, from what I have read, you can be symptom free for up to 14 days, but you could be spreading the virus during that time. So all those airports that are taking temperature readings of incoming passengers could be missing some that actually have contracted or been exposed to the virus.

So, you are walking in your neighborhood WallyWorld and see a friend you haven't seen in a couple years. You stop and talk with her and toward the end of the conversation you find that she had just come back from a visit with her family in San Francisco. Now, what is to say that your friend, that you just spoke with face to face in the grocery store for five minutes "catching up", wasn't sitting in front of a nicely dressed business man from China just two days ago? This is how easy a virus can spread.

Did you know that the global pandemic from 1918 (Spanish Flu) reached even into the arctic? And they mostly used boats for long distance travel at that time. It also had two waves. First wave affecting the elderly and immunocompromised. The second wave affected the 20-40 year olds and immunocompromised. The second wave, according to reports, affected the younger population due to what is known as a cytokine storm. Overall, approximately 50 million people died globally. Or about, from what I can find, a lethality rate of 2.5%-6% of the global population.

I hope that China can get a handle of this...and the US as well.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

They are evacuating 1000 Americans in China. Briefing from CDC\Health Commissioner...they are allowing the evacuees to self police and not an automatic quarantine. DUMB. So you might be in a country with an out of control pandemic, you havent been feeling well, but are allowed to self "police" yourself. I be out of those 1000 evacuees they are all just fine. According to them.

YES, we DO LIVE in the real life version of the movie titled:
    "Dumb and DUMBER".

Administrator
    That's why I stay home and mind my own business...

This morning I went to the orthopedic surgeon's office with my husband, who was having a post op visit. A young lady was in the waiting room with a mask on, coughing intermittently. I sat as far away as possible and was happy when my time in the waiting room was very short. It's the same reason I seldom visit my PCP - who needs everybody else's illnesses? The incubation period for coronavirus is fairly lengthy, which gives an unsuspecting carrier plenty of time to be out and about infecting many other people. For now, I'll hang out around here and get some spring cleaning done (heaven knows there's always plenty of that) and continue to mind my own business.

I remember the ebola virus infecting some health care workers and the panic that was causing. I hope we don't have to deal with that in the US. We are a very mobile society and that has its downside...

Administrator
    Everyone being evacuated from China should be subject to a 2-week quarantine upon arrival, just in case their self-evaluation is a little faulty.