JRH Products
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that dry hot spell, burnt out the majority of my stuff. Corn died, squash stopped growing, died out.

The potatoes are doing great. Lmao.
    Especially the sweet potatoes.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    Yeah that dry hot spell, burnt out the majority of my stuff. Corn died, squash stopped growing, died out.

The potatoes are doing great. Lmao.
    Especially the sweet potatoes.
    Sweet potatoes are like weeds - they don't care what the conditions are, they just suck up all the nutrients in the soil and keep growing. I have a lot of replanting to do. Since my garden has a separate irrigation line, I can water as much as needed but I don't have shade cloth. I may have to invest in some.

My bush beans (planting #2) are looking rather pathetic. It keeps raining so I can't get out and do the rest of the weeding. Peppers are s.l.o.w to get going, but I still have a ton of tomatoes. One squash plant looks good and another one is sprouting some new growth at the bottom, so I may get some produce after all.

Administrator
    90 minutes to weed a 30sf area and rain is moving back in. All the rain and burning heat has produced a bumper crop of weeds. Estimate 2-3 more hours to finish🙄 3 weed-free squash plants and 6 bush beans that look pitiful after all that😠

We have had cool, wet weather this year here in the hills. We have had our first upper-80s in the last couple of days. The tomatoes are still green. Beans are coming in. Potatoes will be ready soon. The squash plants are still small, no squash yet. The one pumpkin plant that I didn’t cull will soon take over the barn. Good camouflage.

Administrator
    Today I picked up tomato plants, red bell peppers, spaghetti squash, Poblano peppers, basil and some bush bean, squash, and lettuce seeds. Tomorrow (if the monsoons are over), I'll weed another area and start planting some seeds. I did get all the plants in before the skies opened up so I didn't need to turn on the irrigation system!

Administrator
    In just a matter of days, my original tomato plants are on their last legs. Fortunately, tomato plants are in abundant supply at the garden centers. I'm staying out of the line of fire while my husband builds a new 12-ft gate next to the garden. It can get ugly out there Also, I can't run the irrigation system while he's out there because...well, you know. I just carry lumber and tools, then disappear!

So Monday, I will pull up my dying tomatoes and put some new plants in another part of the garden. I'll use the tomato bed for more bush beans and squash. The gate builder will be out of the way by then!