JRH Products
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Monopoly on power and why it's important

So when you get down to brass tacks, governments are all about having and maintaining a monopoly on power.

All other issues aside, this is the reason you can't have a fully functioning M1 Abrams tank that you own in your front drive way.

So look around at what you are seeing more and more- armed "protestors" and people thinking nothing about showing up to state capitols, capitol buildings, etc. outfitted for the "boogaloo."
    Understand I have no problem with that- but to be sure what never done that myself.

When you start seeing it more and more, and in a sense escalating to situations like linked below, it is a sure sign that things ARE slowly collapsing.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ar...an-barber-shop

Evidently the totalitarian governor in Michigan threatened to throw this old barber in jail if he re-opened. "Armed militia" are there now to make sure the guy doesn't go to jail.

Will this become a shooting problem? Dunno, but honestly that's the smaller issue.

The bigger issue is seeing how this relates to the collapse. With "non state actors" as current parlance would state providing safety and security to businesses, etc. This isn't Blackwater or Triple C protecting some Exxon Mobil exec during a visit to Nigeria. This is old Bob with a small barbershop in Michigan. A big world of difference between the two things.

This is a sign, a milepost if you will. The collapse is happening. The problem is that it's not going to happen quickly, there will be no paratroopers landing on the local football field. It's going to be a slow, gradual thing that PEOPLE WILL GET ACCUSTOMED TO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

someone asked.
    how do you cook a frog?
    and the answer was something like this.

slow and gradual..
    put him in a pot of nice temperature water and let him swim around...
    slowly, real slowly increase the temp.
    froggie will get used to it.
    then he won't jump out when the water gets to boiling.
    one cooked frog...

hmmm.
    the phrase "one cooked goose comes to mind."

Administrator
    To me, the bigger question is this: If it was a business in your town that was being destroyed by unconstitutional shutdown orders, what would you be willing to do to help save that business? How much tyranny is too much?

Like Mark G. K. said:
    People ask me how it's going to start.
    I reply.....I have no idea,
    but I will tell you this....

It will be a traffic stop in the middle of Kansas.
    It will be a domestic dispute in southern Georgia.
    It will be a homeless drunk in NYC saying "That guy stole my whiskey!"

In other words, it will be some insignificant thing that NOBODY would ever expect to fire up and start it all rolling.

That's how it will start.
    And then there will be no going back until WE WIN!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    To me, the bigger question is this: If it was a business in your town that was being destroyed by unconstitutional shutdown orders, what would you be willing to do to help save that business? How much tyranny is too much?
    Went to a resturant last night that we noticed on their sign: WE'RE OPEN and WE ARE NOT AFRAID!
    Just like that we pulled in and ate. This is a restaurant that we usually don't visit as their food is just okay, but we went in, and ate and left a bigger than normal tip. Also told the waitress to let the owner/manager know that we loved his sign. Food was still okay, but we needed to support someone who doesn't cower...
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    Went to a resturant last night that we noticed on their sign: WE'RE OPEN and WE ARE NOT AFRAID!
    Just like that we pulled in and ate. This is a restaurant that we usually don't visit as their food is just okay, but we went in, and ate and left a bigger than normal tip. Also told the waitress to let the owner/manager know that we loved his sign. Food was still okay, but we needed to support someone who doesn't cower...
    For now, patronizing local businesses is what will get this economy rolling again. The big box stores and multi-state grocery chains will be fine, but the little guys need our help. This weekend we're going to the flea market, where I'll buy some local produce at the very least. I don't usually see much at the flea market that I'm interested in, but maybe I'll look closer this time. We don't have any local grocers here, except for roadside vegetable stands. We'll go there too.

Stand for what you believe in. They don't have enough jails to put us all in or enough people to arrest everyone.

Remember what Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn (11 December 1918 - 3 August 2008) said:

"HOW WE BURNED BEHIND THE WIRE"

Go and find the rest of the statement.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Remember what Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn (11 December 1918 - 3 August 2008) said:

"HOW WE BURNED BEHIND THE WIRE"

Go and find the rest of the statement.
    This is what I found...is this the right quote? It describes where so many are as free citizens about to become ground under the heel of tyranny.

And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    For now, patronizing local businesses is what will get this economy rolling again. The big box stores and multi-state grocery chains will be fine, but the little guys need our help. This weekend we're going to the flea market, where I'll buy some local produce at the very least. I don't usually see much at the flea market that I'm interested in, but maybe I'll look closer this time. We don't have any local grocers here, except for roadside vegetable stands. We'll go there too.
    So we went to the flea market - about 1/3 the usual number of vendors and much less than 1/2 the usual number of shoppers. Still it was nice to be out and about, and it was interesting that less than half of the shoppers were wearing masks - I wasn't a mask wearer. Barely any local produce so I bought nothing. The vegetable stand guy we wanted to go to wasn't around, so just went home. Still wanting to do something, I staked up my pepper plants, **** a broccoli casserole and a batch of brownies. I managed to fritter away the rest of the day...and still haven't gotten my hair cut!