JRH Products

Up 20% in a few days, is it really working?

Checking COVID numbers in several counties near me, the average is about 20% up in less than a week. One county was relatively quiet for the first few months and still has smaller numbers, but they are increasing rapidly. The couple times I've been to that area I get the "it's all over" vibe whenever I see anyone or go anywhere.

Also, there is a HUGE feeling of tension everywhere you go. We stopped by Harbor freight the other day we were in the area. What we needed wasn't there but we grabbed some gloves. Waiting on line there was a huge yelling match between some skeezy looking white lady and a fat old white man. To look at them you could expect it from the "lady"- she looked like she hung out outside convenience stores, but the guy looked relatively normal. They started yelling at each other in line, I sent my wife out to the car and if I hadn't needed the gloves I would have left also. Some fairly good cussing back and forth. Stupid cashier is taking her time with the next guy in line. We get up there- you can still hear the screaming right behind us- and the damn cashier starts asking us to join rewards clubs and all that dumb crap- "None of that, we just need to go, please." Read the room lady!

I hope we aren't setting ourselves up for a bigger fall with the "2nd wave" which so far seems to be just part of the first wave.

Heard Trump or some official say "there won't be a 2nd lockdown." Here there was never a first- a suggestion that was about it, a suggestion that barely seemed to be heeded and since "it's over" now (the common vibe I'm getting everywhere local) everything should be smooth sailing from here on in right? It would appear so, as a 20% jump in numbers in three days shows lol.

I can't shake this feeling that this is the see the airplane that ends up passing by moment while stranded on a deserted island thing. People thinking it's over and the S just getting warmed up ready to go towards the fan.

Hope I'm wrong, like everyone else I want things to get back to normal. And yes businesses should re-open. And no we cannot mandate that people use their frickin brains, never could and never will.

I'm still of the mindset that we are just getting started with this whole thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Administrator
    Very quiet here and pretty normal except for the fewer number of people out and about. I've been out shopping and the stores are certainly not full. Home Depot at 7 am is blissful!

There are going to be more cases, as testing ramps up and tourist types start moving into some areas. Nothing here for tourists unless they want to drive around and look at houses🙄

Alarmists will say "Georgia and Florida are going to explode with new cases" and some will say " Nothing to see here"; reality is likely somewhere in the middle. All of the new deaths in this general area are elderly (even older than I am), and no new deaths in my county for several days. Overall, the numbers are trending sharply downward across the country.

Thankful to have a pool, jacuzzi, and plenty to do right at home until my favorite campground reopens.

Im in northern Florigabama, and things are going back to near old-normal. Ms Foster was getting a little cabin fever, so we went for a drive. The Home Depot parking lot was full. Ingle’s grocery parking lot was full. Traffic was back to normal. Sit -down restaurants had cars in the parking lots with people going in and out...no masks. A dozen or so were waiting on the porch of a local bbq restaurant. A few miles away, the college town was empty where typically dorm students would be walking on the sidewalks. I checked the local large state park reservation site. There is nothing available for the next two-weeks; out of 100+ Sites, no rv sites, no cottages, no tent sites available. 50/50 out-of-state tags on cars in town. LD3, I think you may be correct, we may see a big reemergence. Our first cases came from a visitor from a NY city visitor infecting 6-people at a folk dance demonstration back in March. There’s that 1-to-6 infection rate that the CDC speaks of.

It will come back around. Once the social distancing and mask fads are over and people start mingling we will see more cases. This time around more folks will be broke because they have been out of work and all the lottery tickets they bought with the stimulus check didn't hit the jackpot. No money for mortgage payments so people being evicted. Can't make car payments so lots of repossessions. Tempers will be short and manners have long ago been gone. 2020 will be the year we all remember for the rest of our lives.

Administrator
    I saw some photos from the Lake of the Ozarks - no masks, no social distancing, people jammed together like sardines in the water. This is what to expect when people have been cooped up for too long. The only upside is that the testing materials are available and medical personnel have some experience with CV now. More cases on the way without a doubt and this will continue for the foreseeable future. We had 2 more deaths in this country: one elderly and one middle-aged. Won't be me as I'm kind of stuck here, having promised my neighbors down the road that I'd go water their new tree for 45 minutes twice a day while they're camping out for a week near Suwanee. At least I'm getting some exercise between that, the garden, swimming, and normal house stuff. So very quiet in this neighborhood. Next door neighbor has been on paid leave since March and has the whole outside of his house nearly done; new siding, paint, fence. Husband has been getting after an old wood pile behind the workshop and is almost done cleaning up that mess, but have no fear, there are plenty of projects for him to do after working 12-hour days for the past 11 years.

We had our awning redone on the MH but are going to put off camping until things calm down a little. With campgrounds starting to open up, everyone is way too eager to get out there. I'm not sure I want to camp when it's 99 degrees anyway. For now it's the best man cave ever!